67 Plate E Class Alloy Replacement & Pressure Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Patdavis

Car
E class
Guys,

I Have an 67 Plate E220d AMG line auto.

I have developed a crack in the alloy to which got welded and now the weld and another location on the alloy has a crack! as you can imagine i am not best impressed, i try to avoid potholes ect as best as i can but the roads here are shocking.

is there a way of knowing what alloys i have ( so i can source a new one ) mine are 20" turbine wheels with the infills colour coded i believe.

also

i need a new tyre pressure sensor on a different alloy it shows no value on the mbuk and comes up with a puncture sign on the dash.

any help would be great. :)

The part number will be on the inside of the wheel, one one of the spokes.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

The UK's roads are not suitable for 20" wheels with tyres the size of a rubber band. Another option would be to buy a set of smaller wheels and tyres, take a look in the owners manual to see what wheel / tyre sizes will fit.

Plenty of 18's with tyres for sale on eBay for around £350 to £450 for a full set.

20 inch are just a no no. Tbh .

Look on the fuel flap for suitable sizes.

The UK's roads are not suitable for 20" wheels with tyres the size of a rubber band. Another option would be to buy a set of smaller wheels and tyres, take a look in the owners manual to see what wheel / tyre sizes will fit.
To be fair, that very much depends on the car. I ran an Audi A6 Avant with 20 inch wheels for 4 years previously and never once had a problem.

I also did the same with the XFS 20" wheels for 4 year's no issue's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom