6week ban

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hope the operation goes as planned, 6 weeks is a long time with no wheels :(

Roads will be a safer place for a few weeks at least!!!***???

Mic

i thought you were banned for speeding or something lol

Hope the OP goes smoothly, best wishes for a speedy recovery

For shoes, I used elasticated laces and a long handled shoe horn.
and for socks I used something similar to this -https://www.co-opmobility.co.uk/health-and-wellbeing/comfort-and-dressing-aids/sock-and-stocking-aids/p/dorking-stocking-aid
The thing I did not think about was the car being unused for 6 weeks, and a rather old battery :( - Still, the motoring club came out and replaced the battery very quickly.
Thanks for the info

The hospital is providing that and many other aids. The picking up stick will go on to be useful bin the garden

Told you ,told you,I thought you knew that you only get the best advice on this forum,always take your own marker pen .

Just 18hrs after my surgery and a restless night, I have just taken my first steps around the room!!!
Very impressed with shepton mallet HC

Very similar to my recent flight to Aussie..easy check in, flat bed electrically operated, meal service with 3 choices and 4 courses, excellent service.. couldn't ask for more. ....oh..just no wine list! ( But plenty of drugs)

So far very good Indeed

Thank you to everyone for their advice and support on this forum

The war depot [ wife ] has had both done in the last year or so . She has a new name now Irinsides ,,I t was pure hell i must say .No sleep foir weeks ,.And the injections in her tummy every day .And how hard it is to put those stockings on . Good luck,.And i hope its soon over and done with ..Dont forget you can get help with items to help you like - living aids. Extra pad on your seat ,,toilet seat ,,walking frame ...Dont use walking sticks ..

Hi Carnut, I had an operation for a hip replacement in Nuffield Hospital, Taunton but I was in Shepton Mallet hospital for a total knee replacement. I can't praise this hospital enough. The building, staff and food were excellent. A five star hotel!!!

My wife was telling everyone just how she liked it .She even booked up for another week , I said while the sergeon is working on your hip .Will you please ask him if he can do an extension on your doda

I'm being told that I can go home tomorrow all being well walking up stairs. I'm seriously thinking of an extra day of physio though as they are so good and let you do this.
Evidently some people leave after just one day! Incredible

I'm being told that I can go home tomorrow all being well walking up stairs. I'm seriously thinking of an extra day of physio though as they are so good and let you do this.
Evidently some people leave after just one day! Incredible

You will definitely be out of there by Friday, as they do like the weekend off!
Tony
(with two steel hips, one from DE and one GB, Shepton Mallet)

My Wife was discharged after a couple of days on both her hip replacement ops., My culinary skills when she first got home were to her amazement, doing all the veg in one saucepan , scrambled eggs in the microwave, I think/ know this is what sped her on to speedy recovery.

Hope your getting on okay carnut

My Wife was discharged after a couple of days on both her hip replacement ops., My culinary skills when she first got home were to her amazement, doing all the veg in one saucepan , scrambled eggs in the microwave, I think/ know this is what sped her on to speedy recovery.

Hope your getting on okay carnut
Leaving hospital at 1pm after lunch. Stayed an extra few hours for the food!!! (No disrespect to Kathy's cooking )

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their support and I would certainly recommend shepton mallet HC as they are 5star in all respects as some of you know

6weeks on and I'm back behind the wheel. Walking without any crutches around the house but I do take one crutch for by obligatory walk around the village every day. thankfully the weather has been very good so I've actually enjoyed my walks, something that doesn't come naturally to me. Now it's just a matter of increasing muscle strength and general fitness.
As a matter of interest I've not been able to get any definitive legal answer as to when I could resume driving. My consultant said it was a recommended 6 weeks, but it was up to me to judge.....I can't find any case law that said it was decided by a judge!

Really happy with the NHS treatment at shepton mallet. Five star!

6weeks on and I'm back behind the wheel. Walking without any crutches around the house but I do take one crutch for by obligatory walk around the village every day. thankfully the weather has been very good so I've actually enjoyed my walks, something that doesn't come naturally to me. Now it's just a matter of increasing muscle strength and general fitness.
As a matter of interest I've not been able to get any definitive legal answer as to when I could resume driving. My consultant said it was a recommended 6 weeks, but it was up to me to judge.....I can't find any case law that said it was decided by a judge!

Really happy with the NHS treatment at shepton mallet. Five star!

Glad everything went well for you. I gather that the exercising regime is to prevent the build-up of scar tissue and it certainly worked for me when my right knee was done nearly 3 years ago. I had a spinal block with a bit of sedation; the only problem was controlling the water-works when you're numb from the waist down! Mine was done in Glasgow; in on Saturday, op on Sunday, home on Wednesday. THe increasing use of technology has improved the success rate of these ops.

Hope you continue to enjoy the improvement.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom