6x9 speakers in rear deck ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikey252

Car
C220
Hey guys, just got myself a merc w202 and was wondering if 6x9 speakers would fit in the rear due to the original speakers being poor.

yes they will but you will have to cut some metal out of the shelf

Just to let you know that i have fitted 6x9 speakers on the 9th. Shelf needed cutting and cut a foam template before placing the speakers in to reduced vibrating. The speakers are covered by the original covers so all looks clean and tidy. (will take pics and post when i get a chance) I then wired the speakers to an amp in the boot and they sound quite good, a lot better than the standards. Will be wiring the fronts to the amp at some point as i have recently changed these and will post :)

Just to let you know that i have fitted 6x9 speakers on the 9th. Shelf needed cutting and cut a foam template before placing the speakers in to reduced vibrating. The speakers are covered by the original covers so all looks clean and tidy. (will take pics and post when i get a chance) I then wired the speakers to an amp in the boot and they sound quite good, a lot better than the standards. Will be wiring the fronts to the amp at some point as i have recently changed these and will post :)

Out of interest what make/model speakers and amp did you use?

I am tempted in some now lol

how does this look from the trunk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom