7.2 seconds 0-60, mine takes 8.8?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C250Sam95

Car
C250
I’ve got a 1.8T W204 Mercedes & the 0-60 states it can do it in 7.2 standard. I’ve just had the car remapped ( it feels faster ) but still only does the 0-60 in 8.8 seconds.

Any feedback as to why would be much appreciated :)

Start with compression tests to the cylinders.

Then stick it on a dyno , air and fuel will be also monitored .

What did it do 0-60mph before the mapping?

Those figures are perfect figures done in test conditions with AC off and only a small anount of fuel in the tank, etc.

Besides, it's what it drives like in 3rd accelerating up a slip road into a motorway thats far more meaningful 0-60

I’ve got a 1.8T W204 Mercedes & the 0-60 states it can do it in 7.2 standard. I’ve just had the car remapped ( it feels faster ) but still only does the 0-60 in 8.8 seconds.

Any feedback as to why would be much appreciated :)

I doubt you are as brutal with your car as the road testers...

how were you timing it?

If by hand, you will have lost at least 0.5 second between starting to move and starting the stopwatch

Those figures are perfect figures done in test conditions with AC off and only a small anount of fuel in the tank, etc.

Besides, it's what it drives like in 3rd accelerating up a slip road into a motorway thats far more meaningful 0-60

How does that work then?

You could get one of these, 0-60 in 2.9 secs, problem solved!
9d581db0e72fc8a4af9ac2de8b31f35c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

+1 on this

Mine does it in 4 and a bit seconds but I've only ever launched it like 2-3 times over the past year as I know how much stress it will put the car under, I put my foot down during 2nd/3rd/4th for overtakes etc though, so don't get too hung up on 0-60 times, it's mid-range you want.

There was a time when car magazine road tests measured mid range acceleration with various figures for 30 - 50 in top and 30 -70 through the gears etc. The advent of forced induction has made even ordinary cars feel quick in these mid range timings. O-60 times are increasingly irrelevant as is top speed. Even my base model C180K has a top speed of 143 MPH. I'll never experience that speed anymore than I will the 0-60 time but I feel the benefit of the decent torque figures resulting from forced induction every day.

For a real thrill try accelerating 0-60 on a motorcycle, My old Honda CB1300Sa8 would do it in around 3 seconds and that's quite a heavy bike with a rated 115bhp on tap, some of the modern sports bikes have 180+bhp in standard trim.

Reactions: 190
I don’t know but it’s running 245bhp now surely it should be better than 8.8 secs

if it is auto, what mode is it in - comfort? Sport?

Reactions: BMF
Tesla Model S is 0-60 in about 2.5s which is impressive. So spending £0.25M on a Ferrari isn't necessary.

As mentioned already, the test drivers that drive to get the published figures are brutal. I've not timed a 0-60 in my car, but I doubt I'd get it sub 7s which is the claimed figure. Might have a go sometime Jet out of curiosity. That said, 8.8s does sound slow for 245hp.

Zero to sixty is probably the most useless measure of performance on any road going vehicle. 30 to 70 mph (officer :rolleyes:) is a better measure of drive ability . I used to get all "0 - 60 +" when on the drag-strip during 'run what ya brung' events on my motorcycles. Before electronic gubbins took over getting off the line with a combination of throttle, clutch control while managing wheel spin/wheelies was an art (one I never really mastered) with launch control and 'drag strip' setting now available on many cars and bikes it's a virtually irrelevant measurement to most of us, just like leagues, bushels and cubits.

But if it floats your boat, chase it.

Tesla Model S is 0-60 in about 2.5s which is impressive. So spending £0.25M on a Ferrari isn't necessary.

As mentioned already, the test drivers that drive to get the published figures are brutal. I've not timed a 0-60 in my car, but I doubt I'd get it sub 7s which is the claimed figure. Might have a go sometime Jet out of curiosity. That said, 8.8s does sound slow for 245hp.
After 5 years Ferrari and Tesla cost gets a lot closer and I think the Ferrari sounds a little better than the milk float [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom