7.2 seconds 0-60, mine takes 8.8?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In a manual, along with being brutal and managing wheelspin/clutch slip absolutely perfectly, you need to study the in gear torque curves (cascades) to optimise gear change points.
In an auto, you need to risk setting the torque converter (loaded against the brakes) on fire.

Anything less wont deliver the shortest time. But who would want subject their car to that?

Reactions: BMF
It would be nice to have such an abundance of torque but the control systems put in place to control it would surely dial it down or it would be completely un-driveable, swapping ends at the slightest tickle of the accelerator pedal. I suppose 4matic would be a different beast again. Has anyone had one in a four wheel drift?

probably best to clarify which model exactly you have. sounds like it is a 1.8 litre turbo saloon ? (note estates use the model T designation too but are heavier and slower ) what model year is it ie pre or post facelift.. auto or manual etc.

looks to me like if it is a c200 then expect 8 1/2 seconds at best.

MERCEDES BENZ C-Klasse (W204) specs & photos - 2011, 2012, 2013
Screenshot_20190517-111906_Chrome_compress60.jpg

for me personally 0 t0 60 doesn't matter at all, BUT what matters is those super intelligent folks who intentionally get into the wrong lane at traffic lights when I am waiting first in line and decide they want to accelerate really fast and then get into the lane im in ahead of me especially on my daily commute there are loads of people who try it. the probability of success for them is close to 0 percent I'm afraid ... just yesterday a lady in a panamera GTS tried it... nope was the result

probably best to clarify which model exactly you have. sounds like it is a 1.8 litre turbo saloon ? (note estates use the model T designation too but are heavier and slower ) what model year is it ie pre or post facelift.. auto or manual etc.

View attachment 86173

for me personally 0 t0 60 doesn't matter at all, BUT what matters is those super intelligent folks who intentionally get into the wrong lane at traffic lights when I am waiting first in line and decide they want to accelerate really fast and then get into the lane im in ahead of me especially on my daily commute there are loads of people who try it. the probability of success for them is close to 0 percent I'm afraid ... just yesterday a lady in a panamera GTS tried it... nope was the result
That would be 0-30mph then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

After 5 years Ferrari and Tesla cost gets a lot closer and I think the Ferrari sounds a little better than the milk float [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more.

0-60 is for girls.

1/4 mile separates the wheat from the chaff.

You need to find out for sure what figure you're chasing.

Autocar Tests are pretty representative of the best that can be achieved, but they may not have tested your exact model. Bit of Googling should get you near enough. Then add a second to allow for that fact that it's YOU who will pay for anything broken. The testers aren't worried about braking the cars at all..

Obviously, you need to do whatever is required to get it to take-off in first. Some Mercedes boxes start in second, which will really hit your times. And you will have to stall the torque converter to get the best time in the first few feet.

Also, many engines are well past their power peak at the point when the box changes-up. Counter-intuitively, you may find easing-up on the pedal to force a upward shift results in a better time.

Get yourself a ODBII to Bluetooth adepter (about £10) and the Torque App on your phone, it will give you much more consistent results, and you'll be saving the weight of the passenger.

You quote 245BHP, but have you any evidence of that? Like a plot from the Dyno....if not, the tuning firm are clutching figures from the air.

I don’t know but it’s running 245bhp now surely it should be better than 8.8 secs
That’s a good start, it sounds like you’ve already had it on a dyno, so it probably comes down to technique and reaction time - remember to put it in first gear too. Did you dyno and 0-60 test it prior to the upgrade?

View attachment 86173

c250 amg sport plus mate.

Zero to sixty is probably the most useless measure of performance on any road going vehicle. 30 to 70 mph (officer :rolleyes:) is a better measure of drive ability . I used to get all "0 - 60 +" when on the drag-strip during 'run what ya brung' events on my motorcycles. Before electronic gubbins took over getting off the line with a combination of throttle, clutch control while managing wheel spin/wheelies was an art (one I never really mastered) with launch control and 'drag strip' setting now available on many cars and bikes it's a virtually irrelevant measurement to most of us, just like leagues, bushels and cubits.

But if it floats your boat, chase it.

I’m just trying to figure out if there’s an issue with my car as standard figures state the car will do it under 8, and with a remap it’s in high 8s so I’m just a bit concerned

Yeah mate I’m very concerned. Especially with it being remapped
What is it that concerns you? I’m not sure how powerful it is out of the box, but with 245 BHP the engine sounds like it should be healthy. If you’re pulling away in first gear then it can only really be technique which is holding you back, and that will come with practice.

If ypu’re Really concerned then you could take it to a different dyno to measure the power output again, and see how it compares.

204bhp standard, 7.2 stated 0-60. realistically 8 seconds 0-60 standard im guessing (standard) remapped to 245bhp and hitting 0-60 in 8.8 seconds. should be alot quicker for 245bhp.. i think ill take it to a dyno yeah. also the gearbox is automatic.

You need to find out for sure what figure you're chasing.

Autocar Tests are pretty representative of the best that can be achieved, but they may not have tested your exact model. Bit of Googling should get you near enough. Then add a second to allow for that fact that it's YOU who will pay for anything broken. The testers aren't worried about braking the cars at all..

Obviously, you need to do whatever is required to get it to take-off in first. Some Mercedes boxes start in second, which will really hit your times. And you will have to stall the torque converter to get the best time in the first few feet.

Also, many engines are well past their power peak at the point when the box changes-up. Counter-intuitively, you may find easing-up on the pedal to force a upward shift results in a better time.

Get yourself a ODBII to Bluetooth adepter (about £10) and the Torque App on your phone, it will give you much more consistent results, and you'll be saving the weight of the passenger.

You quote 245BHP, but have you any evidence of that? Like a plot from the Dyno....if not, the tuning firm are clutching figures from the air.

i see, that makes sense, ill give it a try with the paddles tomorrow! & no, no evidence he said +40bhp lol, im going to take it to a dyno and get the correct figures and see whats actually going on, thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom