7.3 v12 Brabus.....in a w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
398637_10150529267477109_557742108_9020293_918399564_n.jpg

Now let me think - How quick would it get to 60mph ?

Now that is snug!

I imagine the transmission is equally interesting:)

Not a lot of room in there. Bet it goes like stink.

No figures for the W124, but the W210 version of the same car is:

Top speed 205mph
0-60mph in 4.4 secs
1/4 mile in 11.9 sec/117 mph.
1Km in 21 sec /155 mph.

Tyre traction is the problem for acceleration.

If 4.4 to 60 is a problem, a tad quicker than my 320...:)

A nice problem to have I agree. Though 'quite' a few cars manage similar performance with significantly less power.

A nice problem to have I agree. Though 'quite' a few cars manage similar performance with significantly less power.

Whilst carrying 5 people and their luggage across Europe?

Agreed, but it's probably about the fastest you can make a W124 go without driving it off a cliff. I love the idea of hugely over-engined 'normal' cars. I'd have loved a Lotus Carlton back in the day.

The best thing about the m120 is the mid range grunt. Floor it at 70mph for an overtake and it pins you firmly to the seat. I used to have an S72 that was fairly manic, and I imagine the Brabus 7.3 is more of everything and it a w124 which is significantly lighter than a w140 I can bet it's entertaining to say the least.

Not strictly related but what kind of power/torque would you need before the wheel itself slips inside the tyre on say the car in this thread i.e. regular road wheels and tyres?

At normal pressures the tyre will break traction before the tyre to wheel friction is lost.

Not strictly related but what kind of power/torque would you need before the wheel itself slips inside the tyre on say the car in this thread i.e. regular road wheels and tyres?

Quite a lot, I'd think. F1 and dragsters seem to avoid the problem.

Agreed, but it's probably about the fastest you can make a W124 go without driving it off a cliff. I love the idea of hugely over-engined 'normal' cars. I'd have loved a Lotus Carlton back in the day.

I'd still love a lotus carlton!!:bannana:

Great in its day, and a modern version, well........:eek:

I have to say that the engine bay on this 124 looks gorgeous.

Last edited:
I'd still love a lotus carlton!!:bannana:

Great in its day, and a modern version, well........:eek:

That's the thing now though isn't it? With day to day cars capable of huge top speeds and big engined diesels even doing 0-60 in low 6's that type of performance isn't enough to raise an eyebrow. That's why early M's, AMG's, Brabus and the like were so interesting and the Lotus Carlton took it all to that higher level as at the end of the day it was just a Vauxhall.

What's today's Lotus Carlton?

Vxr8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom