+7 Degrees: Whose for summer tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Well it's above 7 degrees here in sunny Kent.....what do you reckon the chances are of snow in the next month?

If you put the summers on, it will snow.

If you don't it wont :)

I will certainly keep mine for wee bit longer.

The worst blizzard in living memory occurred on the 22nd of March 2013 in Northrn Ireland...go for it.:D

Near Walsall in April 2008:

Running all-seasons is my solution.

:( I've got a new set of Pirelli P Zeros on my lovely summer wheels and I'm itching to getting them fitted and take my winter tyres and wheels off.

How many layers of sealant have you put on ?

So far the summer wheels have had 4 layers of Zymol on :)

I just run all seasons. In the wet they are brilliant. Any other weather condition has yet to be experienced!

It looks like I ought to hold on for a few more weeks :(

Charles -What All season tyres do you run?

Bridgestone A001s - they were designed for the UK climate with the emphasis on wet performance (surprise surprise).

They are run on my Citroen XM diesel, which has superlative ride quality, so their hardness (I find the Bridgestones I have had to be on the harder riding side) is of no issue. That is about the only negative point I have experienced. Good reviews too.

What are they like in snow. I go to Scotland regularly and so even this year I have driven on snow!

No personal experience - haven't seen any since having them fitted. Reviews indicate they are fractionally behind dedicated winter tyres in snow.

What are they like in snow. I go to Scotland regularly and so even this year I have driven on snow!

I've posted this so often people will be getting sick of it, but this is my big, heavy, RWD auto S211 up a steep hill in snow with Vredestein Quatrac 3 all-seasons on. Watch from 00:20, as the first bit is dithering not slithering...

https://vimeo.com/57682734

Also driven all day at +35°C on the autoroute with no problems.

I have used my ones in the snow for European trips. I found that they work fine, no traction issues and with my gentle driving, I couldnt tell the difference between these and full winters.

The ones I have are Goodyear Eagle vector EV2's. The outside of the tyre is like a summer tread and the inside is like a winter tread. The design makes a lot of sense and works well. The tyres have been on Wifeys car for 3 years now (15k miles) - lots of life left still.

goodyear-eagle-vector-ev2-205-60-r15-2688556326759965354.jpg

I'm also in Kent and thinking of phoning mb and getting mine swapped next week.

Just don't window shop on the forecourt while they're being swapped! I did 2 years ago (at MB Ashford) getting the wheels on my S203 swapped - and ended up buying the S204!

Just don't window shop on the forecourt while they're being swapped! I did 2 years ago (at MB Ashford) getting the wheels on my S203 swapped - and ended up buying the S204!

Haha.........gotya :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom