7 speed Auto conductor plate -> ECU Testing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Morecambenz

Car
E280
Had my box diagnosed by the best indy I know who reckons that my conductor plate is on the way out - As its a seven speed he said they are a pain (and expensive) to get them done, but I've been looking at ECU Testing In Derby who reckon they will redo your own and get it back up to spec without the need to have it programmed up to your key as its the original unit. has anyone used them on here for the same job or got any feedback?

Used them for a different problem (ABS unit). No complaints about their service other than they told me it was not serviceable due to having a 'processor fault'. They didn't charge me for diagnosing it, I only paid the return postage. I put it back on the car and it worked fine. Seems a duff battery would cause the fault to pop up.

They should be able to sort your plate out fairly easily. If similar to the 5G, they are speed sensor faults and you can change the solenoids.

What are the symptoms or diagnosis by the Indy to say it is 'on it's way out'?

Had this done on our C320 CDI couple of years ago. £2k including the throttle bodies too. Main dealer with a discount 🤦‍♂️

E280 2008 - Symptoms are: drives fine most of the time but after an hours and 20 mins on motorway on cruise control at 70(ish) once it get back into an urban situation its almost as if the clutch is slipping (I know!) in both drive and reverse, engines fine revs up and down but no drive to the wheels. Had to stop, turn it off, waited a couple of minutes and then it seemed to have cured itself. its happened a couple of times now and I'd rather get it sorted sooner rather than later. It was also a series of diagnostic codes I was given and mentioned that the 7 speed is harder to source than a 5 speed. I'm considering them (ECU Testing) as they reckon an original plate refurbishment would allay the need to program it up to the original key unit.

Had my box diagnosed by the best indy I know who reckons that my conductor plate is on the way out - As its a seven speed he said they are a pain (and expensive) to get them done, but I've been looking at ECU Testing In Derby who reckon they will redo your own and get it back up to spec without the need to have it programmed up to your key as its the original unit. has anyone used them on here for the same job or got any feedback?
I have used ECU Testing twice to repair the same fault on two different W169 A-Classes. They share a common fault in the CTV transmission ECU where the internal wires break off the connectors inside the sealed ECU box.

I have found the work done by ECU Testing to be to a very high standard right down to the return packaging of the ECU to me. They also offer a lifetime warranty for this specific repair. Unfortunately, the ECU in of one of the two W169 failed again some 5 to 6 years later and the car was written off by a third party before I could make a warranty claim off ECU Testing.

Well ECU testing can fix your electroplate,because they repair your electroplate it can go straight back into the gearbox and will not need coding to the car like a new plate,the actual cost of the repair is not high,but of course even using a indy the cost will mount up,because the car may well be on high axle stands for a week in their workshop, and of course the filter and ATF plus labour.

Thats great chaps - thanks for the feedback - I was just wondering what others experiences were - looks like the plate is coming off this week and being sent.
cheers again.

Thats great chaps - thanks for the feedback - I was just wondering what others experiences were - looks like the plate is coming off this week and being sent.
cheers again.
Good luck and would be interested to hear about your experience.

I'll give a commentary about about speed/efficacy/costs etc.
Hi Morecambenz,

Im having what seems like the exact same issue as yourself and seems to point to the conductor plate.

just waiting for my code reader to hopefully confirm it.

Just wondering did getting the refurbished plate fix your issues?

I'm trying to evaluate it as we speak - the drive slipping seems to have been remedied however I'm finding a couple of issues with kickdown - stuttering and juddering pickup - I'm going to get it on the Star next week and see what it comes up with.

I'm trying to evaluate it as we speak - the drive slipping seems to have been remedied however I'm finding a couple of issues with kickdown - stuttering and juddering pickup - I'm going to get it on the Star next week and see what it comes up with.
Did these symptoms only appear after you had the conductor plate replaced? How severe is the judderimg? Keep us updated.

I've used ECU testing 2 yrs ago on my E320 and they did a 1st class job. As previously stated your car will be up on the jacks so forward plan for a week for that. Make sure you use the correct oil when you refill (there are 2 types and Merc dealer gave me the wrong one) as you can cause problems if you don't. While the car is up on the jacks also replace the rubber seal on the electric plug to the g/box with the upgraded seal. Be meticulous and it will be fine.

Afternoon All, I have a 2010 180 cdi with the Transmission Fault and obd codes 793,722 and 720, the plan is to use ECU testing to rebuild the ECU. Having disconnected the electrical connector on the box and removed the 12 screws securing the valve body plate ( and managed the oil removal) i cannot get the valve body to move downward. Once the valve body plate is out i can remove the ecu for repair. Does anyone have experience in getting the plate down and out of the gear box housing ? The problem, touched on in you tube videos, is said to be that the tower connector O rings get stuck in gearbox casing preventing downward movement, they show it being shaken by hand to remove it. I have mannaged to apply some downward pressure to the top of the connector using a spring compressor but too much damage risk. Mercedes say big screwdriver and tyre levers but that is not working for me. Any comments on how to do this will be much appreciated. Peapod.20230701_145743_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom