70mph dual carriageway + on coming headlights..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
.. you've probably seen it on TV but the last thing I expected on Monday night when travelling @ 70 in the dark was to see a car coming towards me..

Luckily the outrageous swerving of cars ahead of me set the old risk radar off and I was already at a stop by the time I came across a complete twunt driving in the outside line in the wrong direction. Had plenty of time to flash the lights, sound the horn and let them know my preferred coffee was Maxwell House :D

I was left thinking that as part of the driving test maybe we should check if people are easily confused? :ban:

A client of mine was killed two years ago after turning on to a DCW and meeting a drunk coming the wrong way...head on.

Jesus, what a dip****.

Surely if you did that, and discoverd you had done that, you put the car on the verge and attempt to turn it round using the verge and 1 lane. Just to carry on regardless, kamikazee

There are some crazy people out there. I came across a driver reversing on Lane 2 of the A1 (dual carriageway) after they had presumably missed the right turn. There was a roundabout where they could have safely turned in under 2 miles.

Jesus, what a dip****.

Surely if you did that, and discovered you had done that, you put the car on the verge and attempt to turn it round using the verge and 1 lane. Just to carry on regardless, kamikaze

That's why I'm sticking to the idea they were confused, they turned right onto what they thought was a main road not a dual carriageway. Otherwise we are in the realms of age, drink, drugs, no licence or lack of driver training..

Oh and to be fair, they were crawling along by the time I arrived, whole incident that I was part of lasted say 30 seconds but hard to tell to be honest..

Sadly there are far too many morons behind the wheel these days.Just surprises me that I have survived over 1.5 million miles in 40 odd years of driving despite some heroic attempts to wipe me off the face of the earth.Only time I enjoy driving these days is when I take the SL for a spin .Never been a slow driver , so must have either sixth sense or a great deal of luck.:(

A client of mine was killed two years ago after turning on to a DCW and meeting a drunk coming the wrong way...head on.

Someone I know well used to drive quarry lorries at night. There was a strip of dual carriageway locally known as the mad mile by the oiks that frequented the pup at the top roundabout.
One night one of the other lorry drivers was driving a laden lorry down the mad mile and over his CB reported a car racing towards him.
A few seconds later here was an almighty bang.
On this occasion the nutters had decided to race down the wrong carriageway and back up the other wrong one.
I can't remember but think the occupants of the Ford Capri were all killed.

Sadly there are far too many morons behind the wheel these days.Just surprises me that I have survived over 1.5 million miles in 40 odd years of driving despite some heroic attempts to wipe me off the face of the earth.Only time I enjoy driving these days is when I take the SL for a spin .Never been a slow driver , so must have either sixth sense or a great deal of luck.:(

Wow, I once did 35,000 miles in a year...but to average 37,500 each year for 40 years...respect.

Someone I know well used to drive quarry lorries at night. There was a strip of dual carriageway locally known as the mad mile by the oiks that frequented the pup at the top roundabout.
One night one of the other lorry drivers was driving a laden lorry down the mad mile and over his CB reported a car racing towards him.
A few seconds later here was an almighty bang.
On this occasion the nutters had decided to race down the wrong carriageway and back up the other wrong one.
I can't remember but think the occupants of the Ford Capri were all killed.

A close friend of mine died aged 19 driving his 3 litre Ford Capri in Surrey around 1989, admittedly he was a bit of a racer, but I don't believe he was stupid.

Noodle-pulp. A close friend of mine was a fireman , and in the mid-70s had to remove the bodies of four people from a Ford Capri that went UNDER the back of an arctic. No need to elaborate, but the car roof didnt have to be removed by the fire brigade . Speed limit was 30. D*ckheads have always been around , but unfortunately seem to procreate at an above average rate - as long as they survive.

Renault12ts . Glad to say that in the past couple of years the average is dropping to around 30k a year , but I must say that the stress levels are increasing . Really cannot understand why I still get enthused by cars at all, particularly as I do not take any notice these days of the new car market.In fact , my boss rang me last week to ask if it was ok to order me a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI sport. I said , if you are getting a good deal , just order it. No way he was going to buy me a new Merc , and would still have kept the SL even if he did.Must be getting bloody old . :doh:

In fact , my boss rang me last week to ask if it was ok to order me a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI sport. I said , if you are getting a good deal , just order it.

Check the seats out before you go ahead, our high mileage drivers are less than enthusiastic about the Focus seats.

One of my guys used to do about 60k per annum and one in Scotland managed 273k in a 3 year lease Peugeot.

Some years ago I saw near Rome the body of a dead bike rider, next to his bike which was wedged into the back of a small van. Apparently the biker was going very fast on the hard shoulder, bypassing the slow-moving cars, and came to a halt when he collided with the van who was trying to leave the motorway and go onto the slip road. The van driver probably never checked the mirror on that side (big mistake), as you don't really expect to be overtaken on the inside on the motorway by a biker. It was around 8am, when many people are on their way to work. I couldn't help but thinking of the family of a man that left home in the morning to get to work as usual and will never get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom