722.6 gearbox help !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Masktu

Hello gents, bought a sh gearbox from a 2.2cdi and fitted on my 2.7cdi as my one had water damage from the radiator (i've also changed the radiator, gearbox filter, pan gasket) ; after I've fitted the new ( second hand) gearbox and done the oil smack on i went out for a try and when it changed the first gear i felt like the car it's going to break in 2 and when this happened i've put the car in reverse i had to wait about 10 seconds to engage and it felt like it was slipping! Took the oil out next day , changed the solenoids with the old ones , put it back again and still the same problem ; my next guess it's the K3 clutch ( which means a new sh gearbox .. Am i right or have you guys have another opinion ? I have to say i haven't changed the tcm and i also don't know what are the symptoms of the wrong tcm!

Thank you !

My first thought is are they compatible? You haven't stated your car model but on say a W211 the E220 has a 722.699 gearbox and the E270 has a 722.640 gearbox. Must be different for a reason? From what I have read, you need to ensure that the 722.6xx numbers match. Someone should confirm either way shortly

I think you're right on this one ! I've just fitted the new one but didn't had the chance to fill it so i'll see later on today if it's working or not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom