722.6 Recondition Cost ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Anyone had a 722.6 reconditioned and have an idea on the cost?

Contact Mackies transmissions in Glasgow .
Very very good at what they do. Rebuilt the TC in my old 211 for £250 which was damaged by the glycol issue.

Buy the bits and do if yourself pat, There are plenty of repair manuals out there for them and spares. I’d thought about buying a spare box and doing it.

I have, just wondering if anyone else has cost experience as looking at almost £2k supply only or £2,640 fitted. ;)

Buy the bits and do if yourself pat, There are plenty of repair manuals out there for them and spares. I’d thought about buying a spare box and doing it.

I thought about it but we are between factories at the moment so no lift and I don't fancy doing it on my back, not sure the old back would be able to cope with it to be honest.

Also I couldn't find anywhere that did service kits for them other than from China which I didn't fancy taking the chance on.

There’s a rebuild kit for the Valve body can’t remember where I’d seen it tbh, there’s a guy in the states that can supply a recon valve body and the solenoids are not that expensive either.

I have, just wondering if anyone else has cost experience as looking at almost £2k supply only or £2,640 fitted. ;)

IIRC the p/o of my
s211 wagon paid a figure similar to that at Wayne Gates for the Gearbox rebuild. I will check if I can find the receipt when I get home Pat :)

Car is going to go in next week to get the work started.

I've been looking around for other cars but can't find anything with as good a spec. for a reasonable price.
The way I look at it is if I'm going to spend £2~3k I'm better putting it into this car which has a good spec. and I know to be sound in other areas.

In the meantime I'm going to swap the radiator/cooler out for a new one and replace the oil pipes to this too just for belt and braces when the transmission is done.

Good call. I too would spend it on the car I like rather and know rather than risk buying another with unknown history/faults

There’s a rebuild kit for the Valve body can’t remember where I’d seen it tbh, there’s a guy in the states that can supply a recon valve body and the solenoids are not that expensive either.
Alex on www.legitstreecars.com has a youtube vid on the valve body rebuild and a link (USA) where he got it from.

Been too busy to get the car done but got some new bits for it.

Radiator
20190824_195817.jpg

Hose from transmission all the way to the cooler
20190824_195712.jpg

Small hose from transmission pipe to cooler and O rings.
20190824_195530.jpg

Plan is to get these all fitted, drop the valve body out to get checked, change the conductor plate and if car is still poorly then get it over for the transmission refurb.
I'm in now so the car will be repaired, lad is still using it at the moment for back and forward to work.

Hopefully get these bits all done next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom