722.6 valve body Transgo overhaul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joesoap17

Car
S204 C220CDI 2012, S211 220CDI 2008, Jaguar XK8 4.2 2002
I have a W211 E220Cdi estate on a 58 plate with 216k, car was driving ok one day next day changes felt a bit strange and then next day after driving a little bit lost drive, felt like it was in neutral.
Switching off/on ignition gave a brief normality, but soon returned to no/very little drive.

Scanner gave 0731 and 0732 codes so decided to look at new/refurb valve bodies.

Some background info; I replaced the conductor plate and transmission oil at 195k, so ruled those out,
I looked around for Sonnax rebuild kits and came across Transgo, Main difference is that transgo doesn't need to be reamed out to fit.

I ordered the kit from an american ebay shop for about £80-85 inc post and import-- Transgo Shift Kit Mercedes 722.6 Dodge Chrysler Jeep Sprinter NAG1 (SK722.6-A)* | eBay
Also ordered a set of refurb solenoids from Amazon--Think they were £54 for all 6 delivered next day.

Stripped out the valve body, installed the sleeves, spools and bushes plus the newer solenoids put it all back together with fresh Mannol Dexron 6 oil and a new connector sleeve and all is back to normal, just hoping I am good for anothe 50-60k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom