722.9 7g+ ATF change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikrt

Car
2013 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr
Building up to an ATF change my 2013 W204 C220 CDI with stop/start in a few weeks time.

I have all the items ready, just trying to prep as much as possible.

Is there any definite way to confirm beforehand if my torque converter will have a drain plug?

Thanks in advance.

VIN if needed

WDD2040022A873829

I think all 7g+ boxes have a drain plug on the TC.
You will have to remove the pump that maintains the ATF pressure for stop/start to get at the TC drain plug.

May be call Mercedes parts and ask them because you will need to replace the nut, it says that in the Mercedes manual.

Ye I was thinking of calling mb, but how helpful would they be knowing it's not them doing the work?
Also I've read that atf should be taken to over 80*C to open thermostat to cooler to flush it properly, is that correct?

Have been in touch with my friendly indie, he says he wouldn't rush to do the job and leave it 12 months.
The change is due I believe @ 5 years or 75,000 miles, mine is a June 2013 just passed the 43,000 miles. He's normally very sensible so I'm tempted to leave it till next year.

Building up to an ATF change my 2013 W204 C220 CDI with stop/start in a few weeks time.

I have all the items ready, just trying to prep as much as possible.

Is there any definite way to confirm beforehand if my torque converter will have a drain plug?

Thanks in advance.
My 2013 W204 has a drain plug on the TC, so I can't see why yours won't....

Have been in touch with my friendly indie, he says he wouldn't rush to do the job and leave it 12 months.
The change is due I believe @ 5 years or 75,000 miles, mine is a June 2013 just passed the 43,000 miles. He's normally very sensible so I'm tempted to leave it till next year.
Ahmm... it was due in 2018... I had mine done last year under Service Care Plan.

I have no service plan, intend doing it myself I'm afraid
So you reckon I should do it as it's overdue, even though the miles aren't there yet?
Also, does any member here know if an iCarsoft i620 would be able to read atf temperature please?

I used an icarsoft i980 when I changed mine and it showed the ATF temp.

Can anybody tell me please, do I have an ATF aux oil cooler? VIN WDD2040022A873829
I'm assuming I have, just trying to confirm,
Thanks

I have no service plan, intend doing it myself I'm afraid
So you reckon I should do it as it's overdue, even though the miles aren't there yet?
Also, does any member here know if an iCarsoft i620 would be able to read atf temperature please?

Normally it would mean the one that comes first: 5 years or 75000 miles. So in your case, yes it would seem overdue.

Sorry, I don't the answer to any of your other questions, I'm not familiar with this model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom