722.9 auto gearbox fluid filling adaptor.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Striker99

Car
E320 cdi
Ive been waiting a week now while my car is off the road for the auto box filling adaptor that I ordered from eBay to arrive. Turns out the UK seller is in China !!! I’m assured if I wait a few more days all my wishes will come true, but somehow I doubt that !

Does anybody know where I can source one of these please. I am based near Southend-on-Sea.

Thanks very much
Kev

Well it is annoying when this happens,I suspect it will be another week before you get it,you will also need a diagnostic tool that measures the temp of the gearbox oil,but I suspect you know that.

Gearbox will be up to temp after an half hours driving or use a infa red temperature sensor available at your local B&Q, point it at the gearbox sump when you have the car in the air if it reads 85/90'C you are good to go.

I hope it isn’t another week as I’m desperate to get this car back on the road. I’d happily hire the filling kit (adaptor and pump) if this is possible. I’ve got an iCarsoft MB II which I’m hoping will read the auto fluid temperature.
Well it is annoying when this happens,I suspect it will be another week before you get it,you will also need a diagnostic tool that measures the temp of the gearbox oil,but I suspect you know that.

Well most people just buy a simple hand pump something like Ebay 401409716973 also if your car is like my W221 s320 the sump bolts are made of white metal and so you need to replace them when you take the sump off,also you need a 4 mm allen key to let the oil out of the torque converter,I suspect you have read up on it,is there any reason you have laid the car up,most would run it until they had all the bits needed.

Well most people just buy a simple hand pump something like Ebay 401409716973 also if your car is like my W221 s320 the sump bolts are made of white metal and so you need to replace them when you take the sump off,also you need a 4 mm allen key to let the oil out of the torque converter,I suspect you have read up on it,is there any reason you have laid the car up,most would run it until they had all the bits needed.

I sent the conductor plate off for repair. It’s now reassembled and just needs ATF.

Right where did you send it and what did it cost,I also saw in a independent pound shop a hand pump that would easily refil your gearbox,and guess what it was a pound,I asked the owner when he was going to have sale,nearly got thrown out:D

You have a Poundland that has everything on sale for a Pound £ !? The one near us seems to have forgotten it's called 'Poundland' for a reason. If I see anymore £2.99 multipacks in there I am going to call the Trade description's police I think the phone number is 299.

Damn it ! I have just fessed up shopping in Poundland :wallbash:

Yes just went in there two plastic buckets as good as the B&Q ones £1 each,he has a small section near the tills where he keeps slightly more expensive stuff,bought a spray can of silicone for a £1 he has those bobbly mitts for polishing at a £1,does a fair trade,the actual Poundshops are useless,I hope the op gets back with if his box is ok now,well I use our local shop because we do not have any DIY places nearby,and he is handy for screws and no nails it just saves driving a distance,today I am moving racking around in the garage and taking down shelving and putting it on the other side ,moving a upright freezer to the back ,all in order to see if I can safely park up a R129,to run as a summer car,SWIMBO does not know yet I can tell she is puzzled by my work ethic this morning ,just missed the crash by the Red Bull at Monaco,will have to watch the rest otherwise she will start to get pliers out and I only have two finger nails left.

Good news is my gearbox appears to be fine (fingers crossed) now. I sent the conductor plate to ecutesting.com in Derby, got it back four days later after parting with £300. Eventually my filling adaptor turned up in a package posted from the uk but obviously transported from China first !, grrr. Another £120 for new ATF, filter, magnets, bolt, gasket and the jobs a goodun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom