722.9 ISSUES AGAIN. WITHOUT CHANGING GEAR CONSULT WORKSHOP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAVMERC

Car
2012 W212 E250cdi
Hi all agin

722.9 issues again

had a new ISM installed a few months ago and have driven the car nearly 6000 miles

WITHOUT CHANGING GEAR CONSULT WORKSHOP sign shows up on the dashboard
The only thing I did before this was just change a fuse for the cigarette lighter socket!
Error codes are
U0103
P1709
U010387
U119800

this was a new ISM fitted and coded a few months ago. The part was from the main dealer!

A search on those codes points to the possibility of a blown fuse - beyond that it would be a STAR diagnosis.

Something caused the lighter socket fuse to blow, so did it also blow another fuse or did you disturb a poorly seated or corroded fuse?

A search on those codes points to the possibility of a blown fuse - beyond that it would be a STAR diagnosis.

Something caused the lighter socket fuse to blow, so did it also blow another fuse or did you disturb a poorly seated or corroded fuse?
Hi

Thanks for the reply :thumb:
It was a 5p coin that was sat in the lighter socket at the front center console
I took my STAR C4 down do grab the codes last night as I wasn't too far away from home.
I will go and check the fuses today as I have fuse and relay testers.
Any idea which fuses I should check? front in the engine bay or rear drivers side in the boot?

Nav

Probably the ones at the end of the dashboard behind the end plate

Probably the ones at the end of the dashboard behind the end plate

Hi
Thanks for the input.
Well it turned out that I had pulled a few fuses out to get to the right one, then when I put the fuses bavk into their slots, I missed 1 out somewhere!
Fuse 88 in the boot compartment.
Now after all that, it didn't start so I hooked it up with the STAR C4 and had to go through the adaptions again.
once set and cleared the codes, the car started and went into gear without issues.

Nav

Hi all agin

722.9 issues again

had a new ISM installed a few months ago and have driven the car nearly 6000 miles

WITHOUT CHANGING GEAR CONSULT WORKSHOP sign shows up on the dashboard
The only thing I did before this was just change a fuse for the cigarette lighter socket!
Error codes are
U0103
P1709
U010387
U119800

this was a new ISM fitted and coded a few months ago. The part was from the main dealer!
Hello.. hopefully your problem is solved… bro i am a private hire driver and use my w212 63 plate… my merc was driving fine as i stopped on red lights the car jumped to P now its not going to D R or N .. it starts but struggles to start sometime after that problem… the car is showing without changear consult workshop… could u please help me

Attachments

• 0CF964FE-6AE3-4F41-98C7-EB795B15886B.jpeg
    0CF964FE-6AE3-4F41-98C7-EB795B15886B.jpeg
    679.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Get it on STAR and get the codes read - anything else is finger in the air guesswork

Hello.. hopefully your problem is solved… bro i am a private hire driver and use my w212 63 plate… my merc was driving fine as i stopped on red lights the car jumped to P now its not going to D R or N .. it starts but struggles to start sometime after that problem… the car is showing without changear consult workshop… could u please help me
Sorry bro. Not logged in for a while. I hope you got your problems sorted and how did you do it?

Nav

Stil not sorted…. Bro still the same… is it ur sorted….
I went to a friend's garage and took out the ECU for the gearbox. You have to drain the oil from the transmission to do that. Then I took the ECU to Valvebodies in Wallasey near Liverpool and they gave me a reconditioned one. I think they charged £575 or something. Been great since I have covered more than 60k miles so far. But when you put the replacement ECU back in, you may as well get new transmission fluid too!

I went to a friend's garage and took out the ECU for the gearbox. You have to drain the oil from the transmission to do that. Then I took the ECU to Valvebodies in Wallasey near Liverpool and they gave me a reconditioned one. I think they charged £575 or something. Been great since I have covered more than 60k miles so far. But when you put the replacement ECU back in, you may as well get new transmission fluid too!
Bro is ism , tsm and ecu for gearbox are different things..???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom