722.9 jerk / jolt 4th to 5th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been reading the documentation and it does seem that an adaptation of upshift 4 to 5 might fix it. I found a guy selling a MB Star C3 so I might just buy one myself as it is enough for my W221. Will keep this thread updated

I have been reading the documentation and it does seem that an adaptation of upshift 4 to 5 might fix it. I found a guy selling a MB Star C3 so I might just buy one myself as it is enough for my W221. Will keep this thread updated
The Star system you have found is almost certainly an illegal clone device and should not be bought.

Hi DSM1000, yes, that is a strong possilibity. Let me enquire about that
MB only sell or lease Star to accredited garages.

Without that the system will not be able to be updated or carry out on line coding etc.

Update on this one. The STAR unit is indeed not genuine, so I have walked away. AS I drive he care more and more it seems that the jolt is becoming less and less pronounced, so i think the transmission is adapting itself?

Gearbox adaptation is a continuous thing. It’ll be tweaking as it measures clutch pack fill times and pressures. It won’t generally be sudden as it’s designed to make small changes, nothing drastic.

If your mechanic has a star it might be worth resetting the adaptations. But before that try resetting the gearbox yourself via the Key at 2 position with 30 seconds on the throttle

If your mechanic has a star it might be worth resetting the adaptations. But before that try resetting the gearbox yourself via the Key at 2 position with 30 seconds on the throttle
Hi Ravs88, thanks for the message, I have tried use the trick that specified as soon as I have started to have the jolts, but it did not make any diffence. I will drive for a few more days / weeks and see if there any some improvements, as I know exaclty how to test it, if no improvements, I will get it reset via STAR.

For cars that have not kept up with service a tranny fluid change can cause big problems and flushes are cause of big problems most garages flush as add on for profit. Google Scotty Kilmer’s video on YouTube. The adaption reset is key in don’t start engine foot down on accelerator for twenty seconds switch off and restart after three mins.

For cars that have not kept up with service a tranny fluid change can cause big problems and flushes are cause of big problems most garages flush as add on for profit. Google Scotty Kilmer’s video on YouTube. The adaption reset is key in don’t start engine foot down on accelerator for twenty seconds switch off and restart after three mins.
If transmission fluid not changed regular drain old fluid and use some again with fresh not joking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom