722.9 Transmission Auxiliary Pump Seals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justintyme

Car
Mercedes Benz w212 E Class
Any one know what's the actual Part Nr's for item Nr 207 in the attached diagram? And if anyone has actually fitted them, can you give me the details please of where you got them and the cost?
Thanks, Justin.

Attachments

• MB 722.9 Transmission AUX Pump Seals.PNG
    MB 722.9 Transmission AUX Pump Seals.PNG
    880 KB · Views: 10
Why are you replacing them?

When I changed the ATF including draining the TC, I just refitted the old pipes/seals. It hasn't leaked since.

Why are you replacing them?

When I changed the ATF including draining the TC, I just refitted the old pipes/seals. It hasn't leaked since.
Its my first time doing an ATF change on the 722.9 trans, so I'm feeling my way a bit. Normally, when removing / replacing anything, its standard practice to replace any seals that are present. So the AUX pump does have two seals, and that's why I'm enquiring. To be honest, none of the videos you can see on the net showing this job, are showing the seals being replaced either, but if I could get my hands on a set, I'd get them to be on the safe side . But the problem is, I cannot find the part Nrs anywhere., so if you can help, it would be great. But if not, then its looking increasingly like I will have to just check and refit them. Hope that when I am doing the job, that the seals will be OK.
Thanks for you help.
Justin,

I wonder if the official MB worksheet state whether they are to be replaced as standard?

My understanding is that the MB dealers don't drain the TC at all so therefore don't touch the pump (and therefore also don't change half of the ATF!).

In my experience, the bigger problem was that the little pipes stay in the gearbox when you remove the pump and subsequently fall out and drop into the tray of old ATF. On one ATF change I did we had to fish around in the tray looking for them.

I wonder if the official MB worksheet state whether they are to be replaced as standard?

My understanding is that the MB dealers don't drain the TC at all so therefore don't touch the pump (and therefore also don't change half of the ATF!).

In my experience, the bigger problem was that the little pipes stay in the gearbox when you remove the pump and subsequently fall out and drop into the tray of old ATF. On one ATF change I did we had to fish around in the tray looking for them.
Yes Steve, I've heard of that happening as well.......and if is being drained into professional sized waste oil barrel, it could get a bit on the problematic side..... a strong magnet attached to a long rod would be your best bet !!! TBH, I've never seen them being replaced either in any YouTube videos I've watched....but neither do I want to have the car on the lift, pump down and discover that one of them is a bit flawed......Draining the trans without draining the TC & Cooling Rad, is only 50% of a job, INMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom