722.9 Transmission Coding Offline W212.203 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAVMERC

Car
2012 W212 E250cdi
Hi all

This is my first thread. I have just had my W212 E250 CDi in the garage and had the TCU replaced. The guys that replaced it had told me they had copied the codes onto the new TCU. Now I got the new TCU back in my car and its fully fitted, but when we tried to start the car, it won't do so.
We (me and my mechanic) tried to see what the issue was using a STAR C4 but it won't let us make any offline coding to enable the earbox to work.
I have seen many videos on youtube but, they only show an old Star DAS programme while we use a 2018 XENTRY version.
We can't go down this route because we're not on DAS Benz 722.9 7G gearbox coding with Star Diagnosis | OBDII365.com Official Blog
We did try many ways but to no avail.

Please Help :wallbash:

Nav

IIRC you need online SCN code file to be downloaded from MB to the TCM. Only possible with a genuine STAR/Xentry account

IIRC you need online SCN code file to be downloaded from MB to the TCM. Only possible with a genuine STAR/Xentry account
I have my own Star Xentry, but no account :(. I'm not a garage, I'm just an individual.

Not 100% on this but I think to do the programming you have to use Xentry "online" - which you know already.

Not 100% on this but I think to do the programming you have to use Xentry "online" - which you know already.

I knew we could do it using Xentry, but with the videos shown on Youtube it all looked easy. But practically the issue is most of the work shown on youtube is using the old DAS rather than Xentry.
I have a 12/2018 version of Xentry but I don't have a log in. If someone can do it remotely, I know it could be done.
The TCU was programmed on a reconditioned one by Valve Bodies UK based in Wallasey.

@NAVMERC
You might want to go to mhauto.com forums for assistance.
I was looking into many options this morning, but we have solved the issue without going online. There's no need to go online, the new TCU was perfectly programmed by VALVE BODIES UK in Wallasey, all we needed to do was select the following using an MB STAR via Teamviewer:-

• ADAPTIONS
  • Teach-in of drive authorization system
  • Continue
  • Teach-in of selection range sensor
  • Follow on screen instructions of foot on the brake and shift gears
  • Pump brakes and drive off!
Thank you for everyones input, It's all back to how it should be.
Oh and VALVE BODIES UK didn't charge me anything to run through the adaptions. I highly reccomend Pete, he helped and explained what needs to be done throughout the whole process.

Did you fitted new TCU? If not, it should have been virginized first. Then codig should go even offline...? There are nice tools for made for Vediamo coding...

Did you fitted new TCU? If not, it should have been virginized first. Then codig should go even offline...? There are nice tools for made for Vediamo coding...
It was a new virginized TCU and all the data was read from the old one to the new one.
It wasn't coding that was done offline, it was the adaptations, I didn't realise what I needed so I assumed I need to input the EHS number somewhere until I advised by Valve Bodies that I dont need to do this, all I needed to do was make sure the vehicle adapts to the new TCU.
I do have Vediamo but I've never used it 👍

The important matter is that you have solved it and all is good.

Well done,I had heard good reports about Valve Bodies they seem to have solved your problem.

HI everybody, i need for 7G gearbox EHS number please. WDC1641222A146832

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom