724.0 Transmission Oil Change due?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borris1954

Car
S204 C 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY, R170 SLK 230, B 180d AMG Line
I recently purchase a B 180d (AMG Line) with 31,142 on the clock. with date of first use of May 2017. It was last serviced and MOT'd by an approved MB Independent in October 2021 when the mileage was 31,137.
I intend to do most if not all servicing myself as I have access to WIS, EPC and Xentry and the car is a long term keeper.
Out of interest and to start getting together parts required for the next service in October I pulled the Service Data from the car which is Workshop Code:: G50M and Service Code; A7.
Putting these into WIS/MSS to produce the service sheet (assuming an estimated mileage then of 35,000) I got all the items I was expecting in terms of regular things such as brake/fluid checks, Oil and filter changes etc.
The one item I was a little surprised to see given a mileage of only 35K was to carry out a change of transmission oil and the two filters. I am guessing this is triggered by it being now over 5 years old.

So I would be very interested in what work our Expert Trade members would recommend to customers given a mileage of less than 4,000 miles since the last service?
I will almost certainly do everything on the service sheet but is that overkill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom