77mm Supercharger Pulley - MSL Dyno Test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have some tanks in stock now if any one wants one.

Ricky - did you ever run your current Kleemann 168mm crank and EC 84mm s/c pulley set-up without the BWK? It may be worth just removing the BWK and fitting a stock length belt and see how it runs as you may not experience slippage anyway. I'm currently running a shorter Gates belt, but as you know I don't have a larger crank pulley so the shorter belt is recommended. I would think your set-up would work with a stock length belt.

The BWK looks nice but maybe it is just adding too much load on the bearings:dk:

S. no mate, the BWK has been on since the SC pulley went on, so I was going through the thinking of what you are suggesting, Jules initial post here re en lightening my enthusiasm to explore this, and more so as it appears a few here are seemingly running OK. I have other things going on with my car at the moment, but will dig a little deeper into this, got to worth a try, at the least.
Will give you a call very soon, regards the outing we spoke of a while back.:thumb:
R.

Split cooling or Killer Chiller is advised with this pulley.
Smaller belt helps and I have never been a fan of the BWK but that is just my opinion

Acid

Acid, did you ever actually fit the BWK to any of your own cars, if so did you have issues..? Interested to hear one way or the other.

I will be in Birmingham hopefully in June, I will pop in and seek your advice if I may.;)

S. no mate, the BWK has been on since the SC pulley went on, so I was going through the thinking of what you are suggesting, Jules initial post here re en lightening my enthusiasm to explore this, and more so as it appears a few here are seemingly running OK. I have other things going on with my car at the moment, but will dig a little deeper into this, got to worth a try, at the least.
Will give you a call very soon, regards the outing we spoke of a while back.:thumb:
R.

Ricky - if the BWK is easily removed I would give that a go. You haven't got much to lose and it may solve the headache. Have you still got your original belt to try?

It would be good to meet mate:thumb:

UPDATE

The car is still performing great after 4,500 miles since the 77mm pulley was fitted. The car pulls really strongly even in this warm weather. I am sure some power is lost due to the warm weather but know that additional cooling is required. On checking the pulley all seems good with its construction, there are no signs of fatigue, the gap is consistent, there is no belt slip, no signs of belt dust under the front engine cover. Not sure if the extra heat generated and lack of cooling is having any sort of detrimental affect on the engine internals. The car is due a service in the next 1500 miles so will check things in more detail and hopefully get at least one cooling mod added.

Jules.

UPDATE

The car is still performing great after 4,500 miles since the 77mm pulley was fitted. The car pulls really strongly even in this warm weather. I am sure some power is lost due to the warm weather but know that additional cooling is required. On checking the pulley all seems good with its construction, there are no signs of fatigue, the gap is consistent, there is no belt slip, no signs of belt dust under the front engine cover. Not sure if the extra heat generated and lack of cooling is having any sort of detrimental affect on the engine internals. The car is due a service in the next 1500 miles so will check things in more detail and hopefully get at least one cooling mod added.

Jules.

Did you have to change the size of your SC multi V belt? If not, does it ever jump?

I know I shouldn't but I am thinking about the crank pulley and additional cooling... :rolleyes:

I've not had any BHP-laced chicken from Acid's place for ages either, your honour.

UPDATE

Jules.

+1 for the Upd 77mm pulley upgrade. Been a few thousand miles with the 77mm pulley & headers without missing a beat. My car has run very well with standard cooling, & johnsons sc pump. Acid did service & look the car over before install, so car is healthy. iats were late 20's early 30's on a run @ 15-19°c ambient last week. Will be splitting the cooling next week all going well.

Maybe I will just think about the smaller SC pulley and cooling.

I'm not sure I can be rsed with the crank pulley.

Did you have to change your belt jimiE55?

Mines the same setup as jules mate. Buzz Acid, he will run you through your options best. I went from standard to the upd 77mm pulley.

Did you have to change the size of your SC multi V belt? If not, does it ever jump?

I know I shouldn't but I am thinking about the crank pulley and additional cooling... :rolleyes:

I've not had any BHP-laced chicken from Acid's place for ages either, your honour.

Hi John,

I went for a 1255 Gates, but Contitech etc are fine. No slip, jumping or signs of shredding. Given some of the 84mm pulley boys went with a 1260 belt then I think the 1255 is a very safe option.

Julian

+1 for the Upd 77mm pulley upgrade. Been a few thousand miles with the 77mm pulley & headers without missing a beat. My car has run very well with standard cooling, & johnsons sc pump. Acid did service & look the car over before install, so car is healthy. iats were late 20's early 30's on a run @ 15-19°c ambient last week. Will be splitting the cooling next week all going well.

Have you had the split cooling fitted yet?

Jules

Great thread, thanks for posting.

I had the 83mm fitted at MSL in April with the EC Map. I just missed the 77mm pulley and now everyone in the world is having a bhp party without me!!! :-( I'll get this done in April when things start to warm up again.

In the meantime I'll do the split cooling Olly PCS tank mod.

Again thanks for posting. This thread ties up nicely for guidance with the cooling thread by the Ginger chap.

Tom

Have you had the split cooling fitted yet?

Jules

Not yet, we are hoping to find time to get it done next week. When both myself and my father are free. Will update, maybe start a thread if i can sort out some data logging of the iats.

Awesome post! Lots of very interesting info here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom