'79 350SL V8; Which fuses in which holders?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pja666

Car
1979 350SL V8, ALFA BRERA BLACKLINE, DEFENDER 90 TDi, SHOGUN 3.2Di-D.
Hello again, more brain picking I'm afraid.
Never owned one before but now my partner and I have a 1979 350SL undergoing slow restoration, not for profit, but just because my Uncle and her Dad had 350SL's when they were new, and we've both lusted after one ever since.
Work done so far includes extensive welding to floorpans, boot floor, rear chassis and various other areas, complete professional underseal job, new brakes, rebuilt suspension, new body seals and trims, windscreen replacement, cylinder head skim and compression testing, complete top end engine rebuild, timing chain system replacement, and a lot of other stuff too various to go into in this forum. Anyway, so far so good, and she was finally running like a dream with a brand new MOT and ready for phase 2 - bodywork - until today that is.
I returned from work to discover that my 18 year old idiot stepson has been in the car showing it off to some floozy, and this apparently required that he remove all the fuses from the footwell fusebox for some yet to be explained reason. He's lost the fuses as well as the fusebox cover and kept no note of which amperage fuses go in which holders. He seems to be a complete knobhead in fact.
Anyway, I don't currently have any sort of guide to tell me which amperage fuses should go into which holders as I didn't expect top need one. All there is in the box itself is a black and white label behind the fuse holders with numbers in boxes corresponding to the various holders, but no indication of which amp fuses should be where.
Can anybody help me out with some specific information about this? I am trying to source a '79 350sl owners manual which I hope might have some sort of diagram or photo to indicate what goes where, but I could really do with sorting this asap so any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Paul.

This is the fuse diagram for a 280SL (1981 vintage). Ignore the penned additions.
When I'm home Friday I can supply a 350 wiring diagram.

fuses001.jpg

Thanks for that Druk, much appreciated.
I have a wiring diagram in a haynes manual and the SL Shop are emailing me detailed instructions as to which fuses to use where. When I've got them installed, I will post a photo to assist anyone else with this problem.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom