7G - a hard kick, then it all went limp!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davo

Car
2002 C270 CDI, 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera Sport
Driving through a far too long 50 limit on the M62 with average speed cameras today (no work going on of course) I always use the speed limiter, its amazing how many pass you at an exact 50mph. At LAST it finished, so I pushed the stalk to turn off the limiter and booted it.... Maybe a bit too hard...

DISASTER! Instead of kickdown and speed, there was a jerk and instantly she went into limp mode - no acceleration or kickdown :(

At the next exit I came off the motorway, parked up and switched off. Luckily the box reset, and all now seems normal. I knew to try that from threads on here.

Am I likely to have permanently injured the 7G box, leading to more and more grief, followed by total wallet meltdown, or is it likely to be a one off glitch? I know about valve bodies and fluid levels being a perennial problem, but the box has always been 100% silk till now.

Sounds like a maybe for the Valveblock issue, how old is the car and whats the miles on it. Seems from memory around 70k miles onwards these go.

On 85k and waiting for the moment.

If so I'll feel guilty, because I was being a bit too rough on the throttle after miles of 50mph frustration. See, it's their fault!

Maybe if I stop driving it like I stole it and treat the box as 'slightly suspect', it may not be a problem. It's when it does it again that it becomes one.

It may not be the box..could be the swirl motor failing, get the codes checked and if it's the swirl do the 26 pence repair as in my swirl repair thread.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom