7G A200 Gearbox service, been told they don’t need servicing ..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spice52

Car
C350 CDi AMG
Hello

my son has just got a 2014 A200 with the 7 speed gearbox, reading various forums, service centres it recommends getting the gearbox serviced at 40 to 60k

But 2 local independents has said you don’t need to service them, and also said if you do do it yiu don’t need to do the internal filter…?

the car has done 131,000 and was last serviced 50,000 ago

what the general thoughts, does it need doing…?

thanks

7G+ service at 5 years or 78k whichever is sooner, or sooner if you like.

Merc independents will do this for around £250. Use them.

Merc changed their mind several times on the interval, and when settled on 5yrs/78k seems they forgot to update some VINs, either accidentally or possibly as a test to get more data from real cars in the wild on long interval.

Hello

my son has just got a 2014 A200 with the 7 speed gearbox, reading various forums, service centres it recommends getting the gearbox serviced at 40 to 60k

But 2 local independents has said you don’t need to service them, and also said if you do do it yiu don’t need to do the internal filter…?

the car has done 131,000 and was last serviced 50,000 ago

what the general thoughts, does it need doing…?

thanks
Find different Independents

As above, find a different indy that knows what he is talking about.
A 7G transmission should be serviced as stated above at 78k or 5yrs whichever is soonest.
Get it done.

I m o get it serviced at least once and get it done right , preferably someone who can do it proper flush and all , not be cheap simply because of the price of the fluid. If it sounds too cheap then perhaps it won’t be done right and waist of your money.

Is yours the CVT 724 gearbox ?
5 years or 62,500 miles intervals, I think you can change the external filter and fluid without removing the sump on this model ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom