7G Transmission colour after 2k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Mercedes E250 W212 CDI BlueEfficiency
Dear all,

I've noticed some jerks or hold backs into my transmission since done the service on it but as a precaution measure I've decided to do the gearbox service once again. After 2k miles, the oil is kind of brown/yellowish instead of blue but looks clear. When the last service has been done, genuine Mercedes oil went in, which was blue and now looks like it turned yellowish/brown colour. I suspect the jerks could be from one of the solenoids in the valve body but I'm more concerned about the colour of the oil. Does the transmission colour change even after 2k miles or I should be checking anything else?

Any input would be highly appreciate it as I really need help.

Thank you. 1.jpeg 2.jpeg

AFAIK the fluid looks fine to me. Much the same as mine was when I had to change the ATF again after weeping caused by a rolled-over section of the sump gasket.

You said 'it had a service' , How much fluid was removed at the service ? Typically if the torque converter and cooling lines were not drained a few liters of old stuff stays behind which will instantly contaminate and discolour the new fluid.

AFAIK the fluid looks fine to me. Much the same as mine was when I had to change the ATF again after weeping caused by a rolled-over section of the sump gasket.

Oh I see. Well, didn't look too good to me since it had only 2k miles done and the colour changed already.

You said 'it had a service' , How much fluid was removed at the service ? Typically if the torque converter and cooling lines were not drained a few liters of old stuff stays behind which will instantly contaminate and discolour the new fluid.

Thanks for your reply. They filled in about 6L from what they said. But from what I can recall, the service before the last one, the oil was still blue when it has been removed. But does the oil look good to you?

I think a completely drained 7G should take just over 8 liters. others on here can probably give more accurate figures. I can't really comment on the condition of the fluid as 'sight and smell' are a better indicator than a photo.

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom