7g transmission modes - CLK280

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Hi

new (to me) 09 reg CLK 280 and just a quick question re the C vs S transmission mode.

Is it purely that S holds the revs longer or does it also change gear quicker, kick down quicker / 2 gears?

Also, are there updates for the 7G box released by MB-I know other manufacturers sometimes release improvements / updates

Many thanks

Fabes

Someone more technical may well have better information, but on my W209 280, S just seems to hold the revs longer. Many comments on here and other forums complain at the slow changes on the 7G box.

There are software updates around for the 7G, mine received one this June when it had the TCU replaced. Changes were noticeably smoother after the update.

Okay, will wait to hear if there is anything more technical between them - thanks

As regards the update, is that only available via an MB main dealer, or would a good local indi have access to and be able to apply it (if it is an improvement as you experienced?)

Sorry for belated reply, my update was applied by MB main dealer.

My indy took it to them as it had to have the gearbox electroplate recoded whilst attached to MB's German servers (MB classify the plate as a 'security' part).

I believe some indys may have the capability for the s/w update, may be best to ask PCS at Horndean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom