7g tronic gearbox issue, 2011 c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calb94

Car
C63
hello, im having issues with my 7g tronic box, the shifting is very noticeable and will almost feel like its lurching into gear, i have had the gearbox oil checked and the adaptions done and not really made much of a difference, car has done 59k miles, serviced at 41k in 2017 also there was no fault shown on gearbox when plugged in? any advice please thankyou.

These 7g boxes do not show codes until things go very wrong in my experience,the problem is you either get the filter and ATF changed and see if it cures the problem,your car has not done the mileage that you would expect a ATF change was needed,but it might cure it,if the oil change does not then you need to get the car over to valvebodyuk.co.uk,give them a call about cost they are near Liverpool and are about the best at sorting the electroplate in these boxes,of course you will have wasted your money doing the ATF and filter change ,but you could always go to valvebody first,it is up to you

These 7g boxes do not show codes until things go very wrong in my experience,the problem is you either get the filter and ATF changed and see if it cures the problem,your car has not done the mileage that you would expect a ATF change was needed,but it might cure it,if the oil change does not then you need to get the car over to valvebodyuk.co.uk,give them a call about cost they are near Liverpool and are about the best at sorting the electroplate in these boxes,of course you will have wasted your money doing the ATF and filter change ,but you could always go to valvebody first,it is up to you
gave them a ring and they said its most likely a solenoid/valve body issue, going to the garage tomorrow to see what he says thanks.

Well the good news is if they repair the valve body then it can go straight back in the car,if you bought a new one it would have to be coded to your car so more expense ,let us know how you got on.

Well the good news is if they repair the valve body then it can go straight back in the car,if you bought a new one it would have to be coded to your car so more expense ,let us know how you got on.
going to see a garage that said they will take off the valvebody and send it off, there is no guaranteed fix though they are just assuming that its a solenoid issue at valvebody? this is going to hurt if it doesnt fix the problem :/

going to see a garage that said they will take off the valvebody and send it off, there is no guaranteed fix though they are just assuming that its a solenoid issue at valvebody? this is going to hurt if it doesnt fix the problem :/
Did you ever get this resolved?

It is a shame when we do not get a update from the op,he at least has had his electroplate sent to valvebodies,they have the diagnostic machines which will find out exactly whats wrong and they will repair it,no matter which garage you take your car too,they will do just that remove the electroplate and send it away to be repaired,thankfully it is no longer a very expensive repair,I was surprised that the op who lives in Burnley did not drive the car to Valvebodies it was not that far from him, they can and do remove repair and refit in a day

It is a shame when we do not get a update from the op,he at least has had his electroplate sent to valvebodies,they have the diagnostic machines which will find out exactly whats wrong and they will repair it,no matter which garage you take your car too,they will do just that remove the electroplate and send it away to be repaired,thankfully it is no longer a very expensive repair,I was surprised that the op who lives in Burnley did not drive the car to Valvebodies it was not that far from him, they can and do remove repair and refit in a day
As soon as they are open I'll give them a call with my 7G+ problem.
I Live near Halifax but my GF lives in near Burnley, so hopefully I'll be able to drop it off and let them sort it.

Did you ever get this resolved?
hi mate, got valve body sorted and it made it worse, was lunging like mad into gear so i took it to automatic transmissions at preston(they know what they are doing) he did 2x software update charged me £60 and seems to have fixed it, what issues you having?

hi mate, got valve body sorted and it made it worse, was lunging like mad into gear so i took it to automatic transmissions at preston(they know what they are doing) he did 2x software update charged me £60 and seems to have fixed it, what issues you having?
This thread here:
Pre facelift E63 AMG 7g+ autobox issue. | AMG Lounge

i was ****ing about trying to get it sorted for a good month, car was off the road for 2 week with the valve body because when it got posted back the courier broke the plastic casing, just take it there and they will sort it for you.
I've no idea if the valve body is duff or not, I'll have a word with the Preston place first, thanks for this.

I've no idea if the valve body is duff or not, I'll have a word with the Preston place first, thanks for this.
i didn't really have a clue myself i just tried my best to research it on the web and most people were saying bad solenoid on the valve body so i went down that route, luckily i have a warranty on it so i didnt pay for the fix, which didnt even fix it, i would take it there he will look at it and tell you what he thinks of it, the big lad is called james i think he knows his stuff.

i didn't really have a clue myself i just tried my best to research it on the web and most people were saying bad solenoid on the valve body so i went down that route, luckily i have a warranty on it so i didnt pay for the fix, which didnt even fix it, i would take it there he will look at it and tell you what he thinks of it, the big lad is called james i think he knows his stuff.
Why did yours have 2 x software updates? or do have to upload the oldest first then the newest?

reading that thread though sounds like your clutch is slipping if its juddering, hope you can get it sorted.
weird thing is, when it starts to flair (rise in revs) if you boot it, no flair or slip whatsoever.
Where as if the clutch was slipping, you would only expect it to slip more with more power added, and it doesn't.

weird thing is, when it starts to flair (rise in revs) if you boot it, no flair or slip whatsoever.
Where as if the clutch was slipping, you would only expect it to slip more with more power added, and it doesn't.
yeah very weird, might be solenoid not providing enough pressure or something, good luck mate.

yeah very weird, might be solenoid not providing enough pressure or something, good luck mate.
I'll post the outcome when I get it sorted, just a s**t time of the year to get anything sorted.
Mine is also still under warranty, so will look into claiming.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom