7g tronic issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barrieeld

Car
AMG
only recently ive been driving and its like my auto box wont shift the gear its in....when i put it into manual and force the change with the paddle shift it just keeps in the same gear.

When i turn off the car and then turn it back on its fine again.

Really starting to annoy me....anyone gather what the issue is?

The 7 g auto is chock a block full of electronics and many of the outputs are monitored for corrct action. My first point of call would be check the fliud level and then have the codes read on the star machine. No use at all in second guessing a 7g, that can be expensive for no return. Been there done that!!!!!!!
Good luck
Ingin

None of my cars have 7g box so can't speak with any authority, but isn't there a software upgrade done by the dealers?

Others will be able to confirm.

I haven't heard of a software problem causing the box not to change although mine had several updates to cure clunky downchanges. The electro hydraulic control units seem to be a problem. Mine failed at 45K on my 2005 W203 7G. There have been several other reported failures. Mine had a month to run on the warranty when it failed. Apparently the part is around £1000 + fitting. You will probably need to get a Star diagnostic done to find out the problem.

The company which repaired my 7 g tronic transmission module asked me 250 euro + shipping costs. You can ask the guys from Softelectronic

Could be the electro-plate failing. Costly on the 7G and IIRC there is a supply issue on parts.

Hi, which car do you have?
I had the same problem with my car and the guys at our shop checked it for me and it was a quite usual problem. I will try my best to explain it but my english when it comes to parts under the bonnet isn't the best. There are 2 plastic tubes that draws air into the turbo. These 2 tubes comes together into a Y to connect to the turbo. The gasket in that connection grows weak after some time and start to leak some fluid straight down to a black box that I'm sorry to say that I don't know the name of but I'm sure your MB techs will now instantly what it is. The box needs replacing as do the gasket. Here in Sweden it would normally cost a customer about 1200 £ to fix.
I hope this could help.
/ Mike

see my previous post http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/118014-63-amg-no-crank-gearbox-problems.html it wont help you , but I still have the same problem. MB dealers in Dublin and in Belfast say they have never come across this problem before and dont know what to do to fix it. it might happen once a week or it might happen twice a day and it could be in any gear. I feel it is electrical/electronic rather than the gearbox itself as once I switch off the car and switch it back on again it works as normal (untill it decides to do it again!). I did have the ATF and filter in the gearbox changed but it didnt cure the problem. Thanks to Mr Cap for his suggestion but my car is the non Turbo CL 63. I will be watching this thread with interest.

Stinks of valve body faults. Common. Although I slate the box, I rarely have heard of a total failure, which is good.

as said below! stardiag and stop making theories read out the real reason. pm me if need help

Mr.CAP said:
Hi, which car do you have?
I had the same problem with my car and the guys at our shop checked it for me and it was a quite usual problem. I will try my best to explain it but my english when it comes to parts under the bonnet isn't the best. There are 2 plastic tubes that draws air into the turbo. These 2 tubes comes together into a Y to connect to the turbo. The gasket in that connection grows weak after some time and start to leak some fluid straight down to a black box that I'm sorry to say that I don't know the name of but I'm sure your MB techs will now instantly what it is. The box needs replacing as do the gasket. Here in Sweden it would normally cost a customer about 1200 £ to fix.
I hope this could help.
/ Mike

Sounds like the port inlet shutoff motor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom