7G Tronic - manual gear shifting

Burger

Car
2007 SL (R230)
I love the 7G in my SL350. Most of the time gear shifts are complete non events, but when you want to 'push' it, it holds onto the gears well and with more ratios keeps the car well in the optimum range. Manual shifting works well too. The only issue I have with 7 gears is when descending steep hills and wanting to hold a low gear, sometimes I seem to have to click down more gears that seems natural. That though is just me learning the car I think.

Regards,

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230 w251
Thanks guys. I'm getting a feel for the S211 market at the moment, and the selection process has been slightly tainted by the 7sp box, partly because of my indie's comments on problems related to it. I don't want to waste people's time with test drives until I'm ready to buy, so your comments are helpful!

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
I've had the 7G box in both my previous ML and current C350 and I think it is excellent. But on dual carriageway at speed I always manually flick down a couple of gears as I approach roundabouts so that I am in a lowish gear to make a fast getaway on the other side. Similarly when overtaking. It just makes me feel more involved!

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
Love the 7g autobox in my cls,don't have any down shift problems when slowing as kickdown always finds the right gear when you need to accelerate quickly through a roundabout etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom