7G-tronic problem - Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

todorpavlov_

Car
E 280 CDI
Hi

Help, I recently bought Mercedes E class 280 CDI, 2006, 160 000 km on the clock. I love the car, but I'm having problems with the 7G - tronic gearbox

Here is the problem :mad:

Changing gears up - Upshift

Sometimes the car has uncomfortable up-shifting (jerk, push) when the car changes from 1st to 2nd; 2nd to 3rd; and 3rd to 4th. This does not happen always but approximately in 50% of the gear changes. Changing gears forward from 4th to 5th; 5th to 6th; 6th to 7th is very smooth. The engine running temperature does not influence the gears change.

Changing gears down - Downshift

When changing gears from 2nd to1st (e.g the car is going to a complete stop), with the engine and the gear box not warn enough (e.g. morning cold start) it jerks, pushes a little bit stronger. After engine reaches the nominal working temperature of 90 C there isn’t any more uncomfortable downshifting 2nd to 1st gear changes, however the uncomfortable up-shifting (jerk, push) is there.

I have been trying to solve that for more than a month without any luck. A couple of times I went to Mercedes Benz Dealer and they did the following, but still no improvement:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3">Changed the gearbox oil and the filter. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3">Updated the latest version of the software of the gear box. <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3">Erased the adaptations of the gearbox
    • Cleared the gearbox adaptations and let the gearbox to build its own adaptation values;
    • Tried to readapt gearbox by using Mercedes Star Diagnosis;

Would you please advice what should be done next and what could be causing that uncomfortable shift?

Thanks you in advance for your support and cooperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom