8 out of 10 baby seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
:failApparently according to the AA 8 out of 10 baby seats are fitted wrongly or loosely. These figures are to me amazing as your children should be paramount if you have them in the car with you.:fail

Are there details on how they have been fitted incorrectly? It's not rocket science...

Certainly is not rocket science. Thought people would take it quite seriously. I know my two were strapped in properly when they were younger.

I have worked in the trade and I can tell you that you do need to be a rocket scientist to fit some baby seats correctly !!! Alot of baby seats work on friction and folds with the seatbelt and as the folds are often located behind the seat you have to put pressure on the seat and work blind. The biggest problem is the lack of detailed instructions and the throw it in and hope for the best attitude !

I agree they are not all easy, some are and if you have isofix even better.

I regularly check ours (probably weekly) when I wash the cars that they are very very tightly fitted,

I was given a demo by the lady in the local pram shop how to fit them when we bought ours. She had a car seat in the showroom and was a good guide on how they fit.

I still see people smoking with the kids in the back....so not sure checking the seats are first on their list of priorities.

They might not be easy the first few times but surely once you've done it a couple of times you should be able to do it blindfolded...

^True

Although for ours to be really tight you have to pull on the seat belt a LOT and I very much doubt my wife could get ours as secure as I can.

Luckily we have a pair of seats in each car so I just check the every week when cleaning the inside of raisons, crisps, crayons etc...

I can agree that I get the seat tighter than my wife. We also have a seat for each car.
With so many people now using isofix, which really is idiot proof, I can't imagine how the AA have come to this conclusion of 8 out of 10...

Unfortunately as posts here show a lot of people just can't be bothered to read instructions/manuals any more. Then add in the percentage who do but can't understand them ...

Fitting my granddaughter's Isofix seat into the CLS is a 3min job. Dead easy.

Getting it out again :eek: 10 sweaty minutes latter I was ready to leave it as a permanent fixture!! My daughter came out to the car and click-click out it came :wallbash: :eek::eek:

I check my daughters seat is fitted tightly every time she gets in it. I could not live with myself if anything happened because I didn't check it.

I have two isofix seats in the back. I check them every week to make sure.

Its the most precious load I ever carry, my two daughters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom