83 280SL R107 fuel pump relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bozzycyp

Car
280Sl
Apologies in advance of posting if it's been covered before but can't use the search facility on my mobile phone. I am after advice as to where to find the fuel pump relay on my 1983 280sl, prob is I'm also working away and don't have access to the car, all help really appreciated.

Richy

I believe its behind the glove box in the passenger footwell..

It is for a 500 anyway so id imagine a 280 would be the same..

Although early models had those shiny silver relays and they may be in the engine compartment, not sure though.

Cheers, is that actually behind the inside of the glovebox? Apologies but doing this blind away from the car?

Yes, If you pop open the glovebox there are four poppers that can be removed. The glovebox can then be pulled out. The relay is then clearly visible almost against the bulkhead

On my 81 280 it's above the fusebox on the drivers footwell side along with all the other relays. However Jay may well be correct cos between 83 and 85 they were in the process of changing a lot of components over to the facelift model and as a result the locations changed as well.

Cool cheers guys, from memory I only recall seeing the fuse box on the drivers side and so will have a look behind the glove box at the weekend when I get home, this is a great site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom