84 500SEC Pads and Discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S11YBM

Car
83 500SL, 84 500SEC AMG, 84 500SEC, 84 500SE AMG, 97 CL500, 04 CL500
Has anyone had experience with buying pads and discs for a 500 SEC from eurocarparts?

I purchased a set of brembo front and rear discs and pads as there was 30% off, today I went to fit the front ones and the discs are wrong and the pads too! Very annoying as we had everything apart and couldn't proceed!

Is it better to get the parts from the dealer?

Yes I would. May not be a stock item but at least they should fit when you get them.

Ye I'll be giving them a call in the morning too see how much they are.

Still can't get over the fact that euro sell something that they say will fit and it doesnt! :mad::mad:

That's the norm for ecp.

It's crazy how they get away with it!

Do you guys know if dealers prices are reasonable?

Yes,service parts are very reasonable from MB. I always manage to get a decent discount from them too, which always helps.

It's crazy how they get away with it!

Do you guys know if dealers prices are reasonable?

Surprisingly the dealers are pretty competitive with brake parts. Worth asking for discount on an older model like yours too.

Yes,service parts are very reasonable from MB. I always manage to get a decent discount from them too, which always helps.

Surprisingly the dealers are pretty competitive with brake parts. Worth asking for discount on an older model like yours too.

Thats good to know! I'll post back my findings after I call them in morning.

I used to have a 1984 500 SEC and the only thing that I bought from ecp for it was bulbs.
Stick with genuine MB parts and the advice already given by other members.
Good luck with your car, I still miss mine.

Thanks @mercmush

I just rang em up and for the front and rear pads and discs it works out around £225, unfortunately no discount unless I'm a member of the Mercedes Benz Owners Club.

Euro Car Parts often have several options listed (as in if the particular model can be fitted with two different types of brakes it will list them BOTH and you need to check their description to make sure the parts are correct). ECP sell some good brand stuff and some (IMHO) nasty stuff so I do buy some parts from them (although they sometimes have online deals better than what they offer on account).

Sometimes the car manufacturer branded parts are cheaper than decent aftermarket (it's long been the case of Vauxhall brake pads, discs, filters etc).

£225 for discs and pads isn't bad. Also, the pads are likely to come with the whole fitting kit (unlike some aftermarket ones which may be missing clips / springs / bolts). Service items ALWAYS have massive margins so it looks like you came across a grumpy parts person (please don't tell me they all are.....there are some you can catch on a good day) ;-)

P.S. PM me and I can send you an email for a Mercedes dealer selling genuine parts at competitive prices and delivering them quickly (they advertise on ebay and have over 8K feedback score).

^ That would be MB-Newcastle who have a shop on ebay and sell oil at a very good price too.

Thanks again! I just rang up another branch and they offered 15% discount, I'll compare with MB-Newcastle ebay store

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom