85 230ce coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I spoke to Ian today about a V8 conversion and I keep thinking about it. A 119 engine maybe?

Side exit ehausts?

In that case,leave the chrome arches,penta`s,steering wheel and spoiler on!

Maybe not worth cleaning the seats yet,too....

:eek:

I spoke to Ian today about a V8 conversion and I keep thinking about it. A 119 engine maybe?

Side exit ehausts?

If you use a 119 then I believe there is quite a bit of wiring to do, I have an SEC with a 117?? engine you could make me an offer before I start the work for the MOT :D :p

The only V8 M119 engine that will fit without too much trouble is one from a 1990-1991 SL500. All other M119 don't have the CIS KE fuel distributor system and have approx 10x the amount of wiring required.

Easier to buy a salvage 560SEL from a breaker complete and transplant it into the coupe.

Interior wise i would buy a set of genuine period electric Recaros as fitted to the old skool MBs and have them trimmed in leather. The cost of trimming inc the rear seats and door cards should be circa £1200. Cost of the seats, well anything between £250-1000.

The wheels are made by Penta, not original AMGs as they would have AMG stamped where penta is. I presume they are 15s, if they were genuine 16s in refurbed condition will fetch anything between £500-1000.

Rust and more rust:eek:

Attachments

• 230ce 002.JPG
    230ce 002.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 230ce 003.JPG
    230ce 003.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 230ce 004.JPG
    230ce 004.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 45
Pics

Attachments

• 230ce 005.JPG
    230ce 005.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 230ce 006.JPG
    230ce 006.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 230ce 007.JPG
    230ce 007.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 47
pics

Attachments

• 230ce 012.JPG
    230ce 012.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 230ce 013.JPG
    230ce 013.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 47
  • 230ce 014.JPG
    230ce 014.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 46
Worth a mobilo claim? :devil:

:bannana: :bannana:

Ooh, nice rear window channel there.
Most of the rust around the car looks pretty surface though so should blast off readily.

I do like the W123CE and that's a nice colour. When it's all done it should look good.

looks like you have got a bigger project than you bargained for alot of rust work to fix there but im shure it can be done

W123's hide rust better than any other mercedes ever made... just remember that... you really have to start taking the whole car apart before you discover that you may only have been seperated from the road by insulation foam stuff!

Told you so!

Break it for spares and find one that's not as rotten as a pear...

Its a challenge for me. I enjoy taking it apart and making it better. Its all part of the fun of doing it.

Mind you..... I DID NOT expect it to be so bad. i was going to patch it up and make it nice but now I have decided to go all out and make a weapon.

My GF (new apprentice) and I worked all afternoon stripping it and we had a sense of achievemnt after finding the rot. The NSR section (see pic) has had a body repair. It seems quite major as the parcel shelf has been cut and re-welded. It is a good job but I would have prefered a straighter one.

Those of you that don't know my lovely GF works at MB parts dept (very handy believe me) so I can get gen bits at a very reduced price.

She has been amazing through the broken bones senario and the set up of the business. I could not ask for any more commitment from her so I gave her 49% ownership of the company. How many women would get their hands dirty stripping a old shed of a CE? And she can park!!!!

Its a challenge for me. I enjoy taking it apart and making it better. Its all part of the fun of doing it.

Mind you..... I DID NOT expect it to be so bad. i was going to patch it up and make it nice but now I have decided to go all out and make a weapon.

My GF (new apprentice) and I worked all afternoon stripping it and we had a sense of achievemnt after finding the rot. The NSR section (see pic) has had a body repair. It seems quite major as the parcel shelf has been cut and re-welded. It is a good job but I would have prefered a straighter one.

Those of you that don't know my lovely GF works at MB parts dept (very handy believe me) so I can get gen bits at a very reduced price.

She has been amazing through the broken bones senario and the set up of the business. I could not ask for any more commitment from her so I gave her 49% ownership of the company. How many women would get their hands dirty stripping a old shed of a CE? And she can park!!!!

Any chance of her appearing on Ebay? :devil: :D

project 230CE>

Scrapped

p.s. what did u do with trim and alloys? Those rubber/chrome trims under the rear lights are a consumable for me if you want to sell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom