87 230e running rough , stalling and rev counter problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jord4231

Car
230e
Ī Hi every one first I would like to say I have searched for nearly 2 weeks for an answer to my issue I have found similar issues to mine but none quite the same, so I hope you don't mind me asking.

It started when my partner was on a 500km jurny in the car.
On the way the car was filled up with fuel (I think i should mention it was washed a few days before but ran fine after)
anyway the car was filled and about 5 minuits later aparently the car stalled at the lights and the rev counter started acting up ( swinging all over the dial reguardless of the actul rpm) the drive continues the rev meter still acting up but aparently running ok at highway speeds.

Aparently it stalled a few more times on the way home.

when I finaly got to see the car it was a little hard to start but would not idle inless I kept the revs up and was just running rough, first I thought bad fuel but then I pulled the plug off the throttle switch on the intake the car then ran fine rev counter was back to normal and it changed gears perfectly also kicked down on my highway test, as soon as I reconnected the switch i had the problem again :fail I should mention I have tested the switch and it found it good. The only other issue with the car was the ac reciently stoped working but is now working again any ideas thank you Jordan

Problem solved I think every one
This is what I did
Pulled all those boxes and relays from behind the battery gave them a good hard hit replaced them and so far so good
I must say though it took quite a few hits of the relay with the fuse but now it seems all is well except for the radio changes stations when turning left but hey I think its just the terrible aftermarket radio :)

Sounds as if you got some water into the electrics somehow.- possibly after washing the car. This could be several causes- leaking windscreen- rusted heater plenum chamber blocked drain holes-- should probably be investigated further to prevent recurrence. check under the front carpets for signs of water ingress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom