'89 c124 Central locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadhog

Car
'93 W124 300D x2, '89 C124 300D, '95 A124 320CE
Another issue has just come to light on my little project.

I have just managed to get most of my central locking working for the first time by changing the vacuum pump. I say most as the driver's door still doesn't function properly but that's an issue I'll address once I get a replacement window regulator, don't really want to strip and rebuild the door only to have to do it again in a few days/weeks. Call me lazy... For now I can lock everything bar the driver's door via the boot lock which is an improvement over what I started with.

The problem I have since resurrecting the system is that it now decides to lock itself once in a while on the move. I'm not aware this was an option on these cars. Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

I'm thinking along the lines of a duff or partially restricted actuator in my driver's door, reason for this is that the pin connected to it never protruded through the hole in the door trim until the self locking started. Maybe I need to take the door apart sooner than I had hoped... :doh:

Any input gratefully received.

grober, many thanks again. I've bookmarked those links for my next days off. For now, I'm thinking of isolating the driver's door actuator at the vac pump to see if the system still has a mind of it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom