'89 C124 window wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadhog

Car
'93 W124 300D x2, '89 C124 300D, '95 A124 320CE
Hi all,
My front windows are operating the wrong way round, up is down and vice versa which makes for interesting combinations when I use the key. It's been like this since I got the car. I'd put it down to this being an earlier car than my others but since making progress with my central locking it has become apparent that they are cross wired somewhere. The wire colours in the doors match up, the switches can't be turned in their sockets, the problem must lie somewhere between.
Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram so I can figure out where they may have been crossed over?

Remove the door cards and you will see a terminal block with a green and a black wire. Swap these so that black goes to green, and vise versa. That window will now work the other way around.

Remove the door cards and you will see a terminal block with a green and a black wire. Swap these so that black goes to green, and vise versa. That window will now work the other way around.

Thanks, that was my backup plan but there must be a crossover somewhere in the circuit as the colours in the doors currently match. My OCD wants me to find that although the lazy rest of me will probably win and go with the easy option in the end.

Roadhog your right ,the problem is something else .You need the wiring manual .All i have is for the W124 saloon . I will look for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom