9-11 LEGACY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Scary indeed. Sadly, 20 years on from 9/11, the U,S.A could now be more accurately described as the D.S.A. - the Dis-United States of America..........

A day I will never forget .

636081648785689480-a-15timeline911.jpg

The day that changed the world... (some parts of it, anyway). Sad day indeed.

I was at home and watched the towers collapse live but for me by far the most obscene image I remember being broadcast of 9/11 was a crowd of Muslim women celebrating the fact that 3000 Americans had been murdered. They were using the ululating cry with their tongues. I thought they were little better than pig ignorant animals at the time and hope they eventually became ashamed of their actions. A truly dreadful day for humanity.

I wouldn't post the link if I could find it.

Yes. 20 years ago. I remember it as if it were yesterday. The sheer fear and panic felt that day doesn’t bear thinking about. Harrowing images and footage. Some truly astonishing stories from the survivors.

I have watched virtually every documentary on the event but can’t quite explain why I’m so engrossed by it all. I’m always brought to tears with empathetic emotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scary indeed. Sadly, 20 years on from 9/11, the U,S.A could now be more accurately described as the D.S.A. - the Dis-United States of America..........
Appart from the horrific death toll and physical damage to the city of New York, people are perhaps only now coming to terms with what a blow to the psyche of the average American citizen this represented. Some say this was the start of a loss of faith in American Government Institutions culminating in the recent post presidential election invasion of the seat of US government the Capitol building. Don't think it's quite as simple as that, since it also coincided with widespread introduction of the Internet and social media into US society but certainly played a part in the seemingly confused US citizen mindset of today.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom