9025 Component B48 (Front Passenger Seat Occupied and Child Seat Recognition) is Defective. W211 E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went for a couple of drives today with a couple of volunteers.

Little bum, no error at all. ^

Big bum immediate error. :eek:

Maybe the fault has been there a while but just not had a person of ample mass to set it off. :)

The airbag system is locked once initially coded, so you can't change coding (although I did manage on my ML500 to add the AKSE child seat sensor, which surprised me).
I'd avoid using a SRS bypass device, mainly because you really don't know how the system will behave with it (as I haven't found a description of what airbags deploy under what condition, and of course you don't want the passenger airbag writing of the dashboard if it doesn't need to ...)
R

Thanks Richard

Yes, the idea of using an SRS emulator doesn't appeal to me.
Using one in a controlled test to verify the error goes I wouldn't have a problem with but I would then want the fault fixed.

I think ultimately the seat will come out and from there on in it's going to have to be fixed one way or the other.

The key is whether your vehicle has AKSE (U18) or not.

Non AKSE vehicles have a seat occupancy sensor whereas AKSE vehicles have a different child seat sensor which also gives a seat occupancy indication.

This document (GF91.60-P-0002T) gives some more information:

Without knowing your VIN, and viewing your posts above, I can only recommend you replace the sensor with the one identified by your Mercedes dealer, as it is very much a safety related issue.

Attachments

• GF91.60-P-0002T.pdf
    229.8 KB · Views: 19
Thanks, that document explains the system very well.

On checking the VIN EPC does come up with the £360 sensor but it's the fact that the car does not have U18 that seems a bit confusing.

Probably need to get the sensor out ultimately to get to the bottom of it.

Strangely took the car for a run today with same setup and no seat error, had battery disconnected for a month or so!

I've ordered a new sensor of the latest part number (A2118700410) to put this one to bed when I get back round to doing the car.

Thanks, how much was it in the end? Feels like that’s probably the only real fix anyway 😔

Love how much different sensors on my slk just fail for no apparent reason!

@pmcgsmurf
I’ve run in to the exact same issue as u once had😓 I wonder how you reached the sensor in order to change it. I have my seat out of the car but no idea how to open the seat. Did you have any thing to follow or did you just start unscrewing the hole seat?

Ps (sorry for my English, it’s not my 1st language)

@pmcgsmurf
I’ve run in to the exact same issue as u once had😓 I wonder how you reached the sensor in order to change it. I have my seat out of the car but no idea how to open the seat. Did you have any thing to follow or did you just start unscrewing the hole seat?

Ps (sorry for my English, it’s not my 1st language)

You have to strip the seat base down and remove the cover etc.
Very fiddly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom