92' W124 500E - Detailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mat500E

Car
92' W124 500E
Hi all,

Been reading these forums for a while and finally plucked up the courage to do some detailing on my 500E.

My car is 040 jet black and being an old car it has picked up quite a few swirl marks / scratches on the body.

Initially, I was going to pay someone to detail the car, however, decided that I wanted to try and experience it myself and see how hard / easy it was to get a good finish + all of the places that I contacted wanted the car for about 1 week and I couldn't do this due to needing the car.

I used a paint reader on the car and the paint has very good thickness so I decided to proceed with the detailing.

I recently bought a DAS6 PRO+ DA polisher with Meguiars Cutting & Finishing polishes.

The steps that I did were:
  • Snow foam car using Auto Finesse Avalanche
  • 2 bucket method wash
  • Dry with microfibre towels
  • claybar entire car using AutoGylms rapid detailer (clay lubricant)
  • Dry panels
  • DA polish using cutting compound all panels
  • DA polish using finishing polish all panels
  • DoDo Juice Carnauba WAX all panels

I've attached some picture of the finished car - although only having access to a crappy iPhone the pictures don't really do the car justice.

Thanks!

Stunning looking car. I absolutely love that. May I suggest that you get some more practise in with the clay bar. I am running a training school that you can join for free at my home address. I will provide the coffee, biscuits and 124 Estate car. I will also stand and watch you work and shout occasional words of wisdom to help you along.

Stunning looking car. I absolutely love that. May I suggest that you get some more practise in with the clay bar. I am running a training school that you can join for free at my home address. I will provide the coffee, biscuits and 124 Estate car. I will also stand and watch you work and shout occasional words of wisdom to help you along.

Cheers for the kind words.

I don't think I will claybar the car for a while, just wanted to get some prep done for the winter weather.

Maybe in the summer I might take you up on your offer if you're still running it!

Cheers

That is one absolutely beautiful car.

What a cracker, few things in life are better than a cleaned & polished black Mercedes.

Thanks for the lovely comments guys, much appreciated.

Really, really love this beast, will keep her for a long time!

This is awesome. I too will be getting 040 black soon. Inspirational.

Welcome, and I concur, a lovely job and looking car.
Can we all come along and bring our cars, he can also practice on them too! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom