'94 E320 cabrio with AMG kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does look nice.

Why do people always take pictures of their cars outside electricity substations / waste ground / scrapyards etc ... :crazy:

Find a nice park , gives a better impression.

like this:

This is really is a screamer of a cab for sale. Even got the FULL set of keys.

Mercedes-Benz E320 124 Cabriolet with high spec For Sale (1996) on Car And Classic UK

2236631.jpg

like this:

This is really is a screamer of a cab for sale. Even got the FULL set of keys.

Mercedes-Benz E320 124 Cabriolet with high spec For Sale (1996) on Car And Classic UK

2236631.jpg

It is actually missing one key - there should be two alarm deactivation keys - not one.

The paperwork looks odd - why there is an E36 handbook supplement I do not know as the car is not an E36. The Sony stereo is not an original fitment and looks out of place in a W124.
It would have come as standard with an MB system which looks much better. A good modern replacement is a Becker Cascade Pro.
There is no Sportline emblem on either front wing nor does the gearstick look like it is a Sportline gearstick so I would question whether it has Sportline chassis. Perhaps it has been retrofitted as the same time as the AMG wheels as it would have been very odd to fit AMG wheels without the Sportline chasssis.

Last edited:
It is actually missing one key - there should be two alarm deactivation keys - not one.

The paperwork looks odd - why there is an E36 handbook supplement I do not know as the car is not an E36. The Sony stereo is not an original fitment and looks out of place in a W124.
It would have come as standard with an MB system which looks much better. A good modern replacement is a Becker Cascade Pro.
There is no Sportline emblem on either front wing nor does the gearstick look like it is a Sportline gearstick so I would question whether it has Sportline chassis. Perhaps it has been retrofitted as the same time as the AMG wheels as it would have been very odd to fit AMG wheels without the Sportline chasssis.

Wasnt sportline badges and trim i.e steering wheel gear knobs etc an option to the sportline?

i understood you could have bought a sportline but had the option not to 'dress it up' .

..not too sure about the E36 booklet though you are right?

Wasnt sportline badges and trim i.e steering wheel gear knobs etc an option to the sportline?

i understood you could have bought a sportline but had the option not to 'dress it up' .

..not too sure about the E36 booklet though you are right?

Not on the Cabriolet - as there were very limited Sportline options available. I have the price list at home plus brochure so will check but as i recall you just had suspension which came with Sportline or AMG wheels and Sportline steering wheel. If you ordered this then you got the Sportline badges on the sides and on top of the gearstick.
The situation with Sportline on saloons and estates was much more complex as you could order Sportline interior e.g. front and rear seats etc

Does look nice.

Why do people always take pictures of their cars outside electricity substations / waste ground / scrapyards etc ... :crazy:

The location that the owner has chosen and the general appearance of the car IMHO screams chav.

hmmmmmmmmmmm...i say this one yesterday..pricey

Does look nice.

The seller is in West Yorkshire. That proably is a park :rolleyes:

I would buy that, looks stunning IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom