'94 SL500 radio wiring diagram needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
As the title, really. I'm getting there with the car; soon there will be nothing but the boring cosmetics left.

Does anybody have a link to a radio wiring diagram for a 1994 SL500? An ISO connector has been fitted to the car, and the newly-acquired Blaupunkt head unit (thanks Jonnyboy) powers up and plays a CD, but only one set of speakers work, presumably because some of the ISO connector's wires are not connected to the car's wiring. Needless to say, the wiring behind the console is a mess, with connectors not connected, wires with the ends just taped up, and another ISO connector which goes God only knows where. I know what all the pins on the head unit should be connected to, but I need a diagram of the car's original radio wiring to connect everything up. Please help...

Last edited:
E55bof can you use Google search? In the search box put in -
Tehno Magazin.com then use the menue . Or on the google search look to the top of the page you will see immages click on that,and the search box will change in the box put SL 500 Radio Diagram . loads on here you will need to search them out .

The Technomagazin gives the pin functions, but I already have those for the Blaupunkt; what I need is the OE wiring colours so I can match them up. I've found a list for a '91 SL with exactly that; I'll take a look and see if what IS connected on mine matches the colours given. If nobody on here has what I need, and the colours don't match what I have, I'll try on MBWorld. If all else fails, I'll have to go to an auto electrician, but the job is so simple if I can only get the information I need...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom