'95 C124 - indicators not working;(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charan_singh

Guys,

My indicators have stopped working, what are the causes?

Faulty lamp?
Faulty fuse?

Erm, any ideas? Sounds like some people have commented on the relay? Need to check if the hazards work, but i doubt it.

Thanks

The indicators work through the hazard switch.
Sometimes just turning the hazards on and off a couple of times will fix the problem if the contacts are dirty.

Have your wipers also stopped working properly?

No - the wipers are fully operational! HOWEVER - i did have a fiddle in the fuse box and managed to break one (which has remained out since) which killed the thermometer reading on the instrument cluster. But the fuse (when first checked) appeared ok. So i dont think replacement of the fuse will remedy the indicators but will sort out the thermometer....he says.

Charan, for what it costs, i'd recommend replacing all the fuses. Did this with mine and, whilst they looked ok, some of them just broke away as i took them out.

I'm not sure about the location of the relay on the W124, on the W202 its in the boot next to the battery. It's green in colour (on the W202). Maybe disconnect the battery, take out the relay and clean the contacts and then reinstall?

You never did say if your hazards had stopped too.

I'm not sure about the location of the relay on the W124, on the W202 its in the boot next to the battery. It's green in colour (on the W202). Maybe disconnect the battery, take out the relay and clean the contacts and then reinstall?

You never did say if your hazards had stopped too.

What is the overall function of the relay? Will give the hazards a go mate!

+1 for what 300CE says.
Just remembered I had exactly the same fault on my w124 - broken (not blown) fuse right at the thinnest point

Woop!...guys, looks like you were right. The fuse, although apearred to be ok, did fall apart upon removal. Funnily enough, replacement and things work again. I am not tempted to replace them all given your recommendations.

That is even within my skill-set! Thanks a bunch

These ceramic type fuses frequently fail despite looking fine. It would be a wise idea to replace them all with new ones. For the small cost involved it can save a lot of future problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom