'95 C124 - normal driving engine temperature?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charan_singh

Guys,

any view on what you consider the normal temperature for:
(a) open roads
(b) traffic

...not sure why but i have just noticed my motor can go up to the notch above the 80 mark (in traffic)....wondered if this was normal? Seems a bit hot to me...?

mine is a M104 2.8...

open road (40mph +) - 80C dead on
open road (30mph) - 82C
traffic - 85-90C (92C fan kicks in and brings it down to 82-85c again)

Seems pretty normal. Ours hovers just around 80 in general use though will run a bit hotter when in heavy traffic or in very hot weather. At present in Italy temp is 30-32 degrees and it sits just above 80 on the dial. Has never got as far as the 100 mark but I understand that even this would be acceptable in hot conditions.

normal mate,

they tend to get hot in traffic, more so dependant on hot weather. You'll probably see the oil pressure gauge drop further down mark the hotter the engine is too

happens on mine, but all perfectly normal. i would worry if it exceeds 92 odd, as Niks says the viscous should kick in.

Perfectly normal Charan, mines pretty much in line with Niks' stats.

Cheers guys. Im not sure what 'temp' that notch above the 80 is....but mine goes a tiny bit over that. It just felt hot to me, i was stuck on the a406 in 2 miles of traffic (fortunately downhill) and turned the engine off and preceded to roll down...did not want to get stuck!!! ...but you guys have allayed my fears. THANKS!

NOW, she seems to judder on a cold start when put in to D. And then intermittently when driving in traffic, and coming to a complete stop. This car is causing me problems since the re-spray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(

Anywhere between 80-90 is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom