95 ron or 99 ron?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

215m3

Car
C43 AMG
I currently put 99 ron in the tank at the moment, but would it harm the car to put in 95 ron? The car is a C43.

Some cars can adjust the ecu to accommodate the different ron and wondered if can adjust like some cars can do.

If i had an N/A car i wouldn't see the need for a higher octane number in my fuel, but some people say for tuned N/A engines its a good idea... depends if you think a 300bhp 4.3 litre V8 is tuned or not..(i dont)

It wont do it any harm as such, it just might not give you 100% performance.

What does the handbook say ?

The C55 i use sometimes specifies that it must be run on Super . It's ok to put a bit of regular in in an emergency , but then you must top it up with super.

Don't know about the C43 , but would go on what MB recommend. I notice that mine runs better when i put Shell V Power in as opposed to supermarket petrol.

I put VPower in my S320 and it runs lovely on it.

I have an email from MB stating they only recommend 95 RON in the C32 - I don't think a spot of 99 RON hurts it though!! ;)

Mine was run exclusively on 98 RON, and then 99 RON when that was launched. I switched to 95 RON at the peak of the fuel prices, as I thought I was paying enough already. Didn't last long though!!

I can't say I can actually detect a difference in performance or MPG, but I still use it.

I have always run my C32 on Tesco 99 or Vpower. I dont know if there is any real power difference, but I believe there are alot of detergents and other additives in the higher octane fuels which may benefit my 2002 74,000 mile C32.

Yes i use Shell V Power in the C43 and the S-Class.

It's another vote for V Power from me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom