• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

'96 C230k oil and anti freeze?

butler23

Car
Mercedes c230k sport w202
Just a quick 1 ( dont know the engine number so cant use the sticky thread) but which engine oil shall i use for my 96 c230 kompressor? Am i right in saying 0w 40 fully synth or 10w 40 full synth? And also is 6.0 litres capacity correct?
Also which anti freeze do i need?
Cheers

Id say use 5W40 that's what Mobil seems to recommend although used to be 0W40. Anti freeze go OEM from Mercedes cheap enough why put in anything else !

No way of getting to mercedes so local auto factors it is, just needed to know which 1. Ive been on 3 different sites now to find out which oil and each 1 said different to eachother haha. Think ill go for the middle 1 0w40! Cheers

No way of getting to mercedes so local auto factors it is, just needed to know which 1. Ive been on 3 different sites now to find out which oil and each 1 said different to eachother haha. Think ill go for the middle 1 0w40! Cheers

Good choice I use Mobil 1 0W40 in mine too never had a problem :thumb:

You have a version of the M111 engine. specifically the M111.970.
It will run on anything from a 10w40 semi-synthetic to a fully synthetic 0w40.
A 5W40 synthetic would be a good compromise.

Think ill go for the 5w40 full synthetic then, cheers guys! Cheap stuff first as will be dropping the oil yet again in a few weeks to hopefully get rid of the last of any water!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom