96 W124 Coupe; Centre Console removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IslanderRE

Evening all,

I recently purchased a 96 E220 coupe and have it garaged for the winter.
So far I've removed the front and rear seats and parts of the centre dash as part of investigating dull / blown bulbs etc.

One thing that I cannot figure is how to disconnect the electrical plug that goes into heater control matrix..... its a rectangular plug but I cannot figure how to disconnect it and am afraid I'll break it if I continue to pull and poke at it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it.

Also, I'm based in Galway, Ireland so if anyone knows anywhere that is breaking any coupe, I'd be interested.

Thanks for all the info posted so far; great forum.

Sometimes with these plugs there are locking lugs that need squeezed to release the plug [ pretty obvious on inspection ]but often as not they are just a tight fit- may not have been moved since the factory. Examine the plug closely and see if there are any places you can insert a fine screwdriver tip and try levering up each side of the plug gently alternating sides as you go. Obviously battery disconnected !!! W124 stuff is pretty robust as long as you don't overdo it. :ban: DON'T EVER PULL ON THE WIRES:ban: to free the plug that's asking for trouble

photos would be nice on how to change bulbs in dash and how to take out,i was thinking of doing mine in the new year..good luck

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried pulling & pushing the connector but no budge. Would be almost certain it has never been touched since the factory.
Won't get down to where its stored again until the weekend when I'll try again and hopefully will get to report back next week on success!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom