'97 C180 intermittent lack of power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotrodjon

Car
Mercedes C180
I had a bit of a problem with my daily '97 C180 today. Called in to do some shopping and came out to start the car and it would not tick over on low revs at all. So to get out of the way of other traffic I had to 'two foot it' i.e keep the revs up with the right foot and use the left foot for braking for about 200yds. Ten about ten minutes later it kept cutting out again on low revs and had to do the same again for about the same distance and it seemed down on power at the same time, after that no problem since and have done about 25 miles with no problem. Could it be something as simple as a blocked petrol filter ?? Can anyone tell where abouts the petrol filter should be located, I take it that it should be quite a simple job to fit a new one.

the filter is under the rear drivers side wheel area under a cover remove wheel and remove cover and replace easy job put some thing under car when changing so as it wont fall and if those wont on you

thanks for that, I will be changing my transmission fluid sometime over the next week or so and can do it at the same time as I will have the car lifted securely on my 6 ton rated axle stands. Safety first.

I would be looking at a MAF issue. Get it plugged in to be sure.

I am hoping its not a MAF problem. I reckon it might be due a petrol filter change anyway now it is coming up to 91,000 miles so will do the filter first and then see how it goes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom