'97 E200 W210 ignition wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerjy

Car
'97 E200 W210
Hey People,

A few weeks before christmas the ignition on my E200 simply stopped working. I have had the key tested and it is in working order. I had a guy i know check out the problem and we confirmed that it is indeed the ignition. There is power running to it, the battery is fine.
a quote from the dealers came in at a nice big £1100 for a replacement ignition direct from germany. I have been calling up various breaker yards to track down an ECU, Steering lock, Ignition and Key as all these parts are required to (hopefully) get her running again. Aint had much luck.

exact parts i am lookin for are:

ECU no. 021 545 9332 [08]
Steering lock
Ignition
Key(s)

the car is a

Manual, Petrol, 2 ltr with a slot in key fob ignition.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, i am still looking around myself and have a few guys keeping there eyes open.

Any other suggestions on how to get the car going again are also welcome. She is a Lovely motor and I would hate to see it come off the road for something like this. Shes a fully working Merc (apart from the obvious) just passed MOT a month and a half ago with just over 100k miles on her (shes near 15 yr old) and d engine is good for another 300k!!!! proper sound engine!

T.

Is the key a Big old style key?

and when you say stopped working, is the locking working?

didnt think id get anything bak on this. thanks for your post. i just about still hav the car and hav been ringin round to send it for breakage.

the key is the old fob key which i wudnt say is big. (i havnt seen a bigger one).
its this one MERCEDES-BENZ : Key Programming | Key Repairs | Express Key Fobs .

well thats the casing that was fitted when it was sent for testing as the original was rather beat out, cracked and all.

the locking does work from the key (open close and boot), when theres juice n the car battery. has been sittin a bit now and is dead. im still getting mixed opinions on what to do i.e.
go to the breakers for a new set of parts and HOPE they work.
go to the breakers and come away with cash
go to the stealers and give them more than the car is worth to fix it
go to the scrapyard...
is it actually the key?
is it actually the ignition?

it is quite frustrating and i would be grateful if your knowledge could help me.

T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom