'98 W210 Phone Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiesean

Hi all

I have a phone kit hardwired into my W210, a brilliant bit of kit it is too, uses a Nokia 6210 into the Blaupunkt Melbourne RCM148. It must have been fitted new by MB at time of purchase. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to either :-

1. Wire in a new phone kit to take my iphone4
2. Add Bluetooth or an aux jack to the Melbourne
3. Do something else that will feed into the existing system so it costs me less and uses what is a brilliant bit of kit ??

If none of these, anyone got any suggestions as to what system would work best ?? I would rather use something that fed into the stereo rather than just using the phone and its (rather poor) loudspeaker.

Any help, gratefully received !!!

Hi,
Had the same hands free kit in my C43, I replaced the cradle to fit my Sony Ericsson phone, though when I upgraded again they had stopped making cradles for the more modern phones.
My solution to the problem was to fit a Parrott Bluetooth kit and bin the original kit I,m afraid.
If you do a search on here for "Parrott Bluetooth", you should find the info, very easy to fit and this kit will also utilise your cars front speakers to ring through and for the callers voice also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom