'99 250TD 'Recirc'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Messa

Car
CLS400 Airmatic
Hi, after spending a few pounds last year to get my AirCon working I am now curious as it seems that my Recirc button is not working. It lights up and stays on (for pre determined times ) etc but nothing seems to actually happen. No change in fan tone etc. In my other cars that have vaccuum operated flaps there was an audible change. Even electronic or manual systems usually have some sort of audible change.

I know its petty and not tooo important but I am curious if it is something I can check/fix easily.

Thanks again,

Neil

PS put any spelling mistakes down to 'Stella'
:)

It may be on re-circ already. If you set the cabin temp to a long way below ambient then the system will set itself to re-circ automatically until the temp is achieved. The light will not be on when it does this, so if you press the button the light comes on but no audible difference.

Just to test, turn the dials to "warm", count to 5, then hit the button and see what happens. If it still produces no change then there is a problem and you need someone with more knowledge than me.

Hi Nick, thanks for the advice. I tried what you said but no luck. The button operates and it also works in 'rest' mode so i think it is something further down the line. Anyone know if there is a relay maybe, or a flap that could just be physically stuck?

thanks,

Neil

The only real way to check is to go to the air intake and see if air stops being drawn on Recirc.
My own car has virtually no difference when on Recirc but it is definately switching over.

OK thanks for the help.

I am one of those people who if something isn't working, has to get it fixed. Even if I will never use the bl***y recirc button.

Thanks anyway,

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom